Dog Shitting On Table ......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never thought a table shitting pup would make a 3 pager but there ya go,

She's thinking of your back Socks, no more bending down picking up crap.

I did tie her to it one time and beat her with a hose pipe for 20 minuets .... Do you think that could be it ??? ..........

I'd say the same, just over clean and that aint such a bad thing but yer, tie her to it and knock seven kinds of shite out of her and all will be well... ;)

Seriously, it really aint that bad, my first lurcher loved to race upstairs whenever she got chance and piss all over my parents bed and then race out the front door and out of harms way. Which was bad enough when we seen her fecking clean off after her dirty little deed but a whole lot worse when the screems,roars, threats and ultimatums of unknowing parents echoed long into the night... ;)

But how can a dog know what dirty and what is clean , if it will actively go out and roll in fox shite or any filth crap it can find , would that not disgust it if it can tell the difference

I suppose using words like dirty and clean are our take on things. I just think some dogs will go so far out of their way to ensure they 'go' well away from themselves and if that means crapping somewhere they dont walk, like the table top, then thats what the'll do!

I have seen various animals over the years which developed strange behaviour patterns , and mostly you could trace it back to an event which occurred and caused an association. For example, if your dog just happened to be standing on its back legs when you brought its dinner then it might think you brought e food BECAUSE it was on its back legs and so it would do so when it felt hungry. Or a dog which got a fright from say a gunshot just as it got into the car, might act scared every time it got into the car afterwards. I am not explaining this very well but you get my point. Psychologists call this Superstitious Behaviour. I reckon your pup has developed this habit as a superstitious reaction to something but you will probably never work out how exactly this happened!

Edited by beast
  • Like 1

I have seen various animals over the years which developed strange behaviour patterns , and mostly you could trace it back to an event which occurred and caused an association. For example, if your dog just happened to be standing on its back legs when you brought its dinner then it might think you brought e food BECAUSE it was on its back legs and so it would do so when it felt hungry. Or a dog which got a fright from say a gunshot just as it got into the car, might act scared every time it got into the car afterwards. I am not explaining this very well but you get my point. Psychologists call this Superstitious Behaviour. I reckon your pup has developed this habit as a superstitious reaction to something but you will probably never work out how exactly this happened!

Good post , dogs have a physical memory which means places things and smells evoke the same feeling it had the last time it encountered that "thing" ,

it relives from the past as a way of dealing with the present , dogs can't differentiate between inside pressure and external pressure, which is why it will investigate its own shit by smelling the same as it will investigate a strange object on a familiar walk by smelling

It can relieve external pressure by relieving internal pressure

The examples you've given make sense. But what could possibly have caused the dog to associate anything with shitting on a table?

Doesn't like going on concrete, has figured out the table is not so does it there.

One of my dogs will not shit on short grass, he will wait and when he sees long stuff he goes.

Doesn't like going on concrete, has figured out the table is not so does it there.

One of my dogs will not shit on short grass, he will wait and when he sees long stuff he goes.

It will be something like this about the surface. One of mine prefers to shit in bushes or up steep banks with long grass, he sort of reverses his arse onto them. The other on short grass or gravel

That's more of a preference than an act of association due to a previous incident though?

But how can a dog know what dirty and what is clean , if it will actively go out and roll in fox shite or any filth crap it can find , would that not disgust it if it can tell the difference

My current lurcher was in the house for the first two years i had him, he'd had the run of the garden and house of the breeder, playing with his grandkids, he came "house trained" never did a thing, always let me know if he wanted to go out. He only once shit in the house, and he did it on the landing upstairs, the furthest point from his basket he could get at the time? I'm not saying he thought what he was doing was "dirty" but he knew it was wrong, his answer was to do it as far away from his personal space as possible i suppose? He's bad for rolling in shite, badger shite being his favourite, but if i lock him in the run he wont shit in there until he's desperate, only thing i can think is he just don't like soiling his own space?