Jump to content
brenner

Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Best keep off them sites then bit of homework req beforehand helps before money as the saying goes “ fools rush in “ that’s wat the breeding sites require 

I'm in no rush mate, just having a look at a few options for the next year or so. You're right though, I've got a lot of homework to do haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Prosperous ty teks all the fun out on it 

Dont come at me with all these big words of yours I'd have something to say if I had half an idea what that word ment 😉

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Dont come at me with all these big words of yours I'd have something to say if I had half an idea what that word ment 😉

I've no idea either was just trying 2 sound posh 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

I would think some racing ones must fail to make the grade, and can be got hold of cheep for working.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/02/2020 at 12:53, two crows said:

I would think some racing ones must fail to make the grade, and can be got hold of cheep for working.

Agree  but the stigma of must be “working bred “ puts people off   , I don’t know why?  , race bred show bred can do well , some can go on to be red hot ,  as u well know the owner will be a big factor on how the dog will turn out if conditioned to a high standard as with most dogs 👍 trev 70s show bred bred poppy very smart bitch  no work breds in her ped sort of upends the must  see parents work must be work bred mindset 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/02/2020 at 12:53, two crows said:

I would think some racing ones must fail to make the grade, and can be got hold of cheep for 

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Agree  but the stigma of must be “working bred “ puts people off   , I don’t know why?  , race bred show bred can do well , some can go on to be red hot ,  as u well know the owner will be a big factor on how the dog will turn out if conditioned to a high standard as with most dogs 👍 trev 70s show bred bred poppy very smart bitch  no work breds in her ped sort of upends the must  see parents work must be work bred mindset 

I'll second that green lurchers some  so called working dogs were a myth but were cleverly advertised as stud dogs in the countryman weekly , earth dog running dogs and people bought into it ... trevs blue bitch just completely blows the so called working tag completely out of the water been primarily show bred..all or 99per cent of whippets will work some better than others but a lot is down to care and maintenance of these fire crackers... as for the race genetics failing I would sooner have a racing bred whippet than following the pied piper and falling into the trap of the working lines tag..just my opinion

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Not many get to spend their days in here but she will 👍

A7E9B4B3-228A-4FA8-8430-958331A67DFC.jpeg

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...