Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

5 hours ago, Allan22 said:

Think bill was just responding to the fact that “green lurcher” was saying racing dogs can only run for 150-240 yards, which is an inexperienced thing to say. The dogs run that distance because that’s the length of the race ? if they had to keep running it be pointless. Think everyone knows a good dogs always in the breeding, can’t make a silk purse outa sows ear! I have pure bred racing dog and it would run all day if a let it, very naive of someone to think it couldn’t just cause it’s a racer! 

Adzactly Bob on atb bill

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

not trying to stir it up but this is a genuine question to experienced whippet men. if I want one for ferreting, marking etc. daytime bushing, picking up bolters all round mooching. would a ped or non ped be the better option? 

4 hours ago, Black neck said:

You want the non peds really if your serious about this kind of thing

Hee heee

And yas do I see a whippet has a whippet if it fits the criteria the show nreds are now that big they bigger than medium type lurchers  see it fa what it his not just a kcwritten documemt I see greens whippets they crackers but its not what's being said its speed plus stamina how his that gotten pedigree k. Stuffbenefits greatly with the inclusion of a non kc type fa sure they all whippets . Atb bill

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ped but that’s jist my thoughts ?

All depends of the line of ped some bred fa the cord sing scene and the I. Itiall acceleration not what it should be others have added race blood added fa this reason atb bill

24 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I have owned five peds seen plenty only one worth keeping that was fa sure he was only a lamp dog I k ow my whippets also all varieties of em tons a experience so go feck ya self atb bill

You just told yourself to go f**k ya self!! ???

You're a fecking angry man bill.

I've only ever seen one Whippet work, belonged to a pal of mine. It was working the lamp after the first 6 or 7 rabbits I was getting bored. Credit where it's due that dog could shift and put a shift in, but after watching it time after time taking rabbits without putting a bend in them it got a bit monotonous and predictable, but if its numbers you're after I guess they the tool for a quick job. Me personally I like to see a dog work put a bend or two in use its gears etc, that feck thing was like a .222 spot and grab. 

That's the only experience I have of seeing 1 work, I guess they are totally different out with the nets and ferrets when you need the quick grab and marking.

Just to add, that night he slipped on something bigger................yup straight liner again ffs.

8 hours ago, Black neck said:

This is serious stuff young man if you cant join in wi out being silly I suggest you just read things and learn 

But not off me cos I dont know ote

Have a word with Our Team, he seems a decent knowledgeable chap who would be willing to share his experiences of dogs 

3 hours ago, fred90 said:

not trying to stir it up but this is a genuine question to experienced whippet men. if I want one for ferreting, marking etc. daytime bushing, picking up bolters all round mooching. would a ped or non ped be the better option? 

I would say non ped for that type off, stuff no point paying more for a ped if just going to use it for working etc

• Like 2