Line Or Family

He wouldn't give anyone the pleasure, he was to busy stroking his ego.

Ask Roy what he thought about Gin, he was sat on a dig with me personally and said " there must have been some breeding in Malic, because Gin couldn't throw a pup if his life depended on it"

• Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy. I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terrie

heres my line of dogs.

to me a line of terriers is a term used loosely for say nuttall or gould its a broad church all sorts breed them and for many different reasons some may have very little blood of any kennel , within

Buster, used on Roxy, allegedly all the pups died, Banjo, couldn't get her to stand right, Paris, again wouldn't stand so he goes home in a huff and next doors Jack Russell shags it, Strimmer " bingo" , three pups all sent up to me because they were to hard.

Don't believe everything you read

• Like 1

Two examples out of Gin and Malic, JC fox only, Rags his litter sister PTS for spewing on a fox, do I need to go on ?

What about the mother of jp's angel?

I have never read the bible and can assure you i don't believe every thing i read or am told.

by the way i agree with 99.9% of what you say and your knowledge of these particular terriers is second to none.

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy.

I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terriers have looked after me and DF, GM, JP and dozens of others (they won't like that) but if we were all big enough men to admit it that would be the truth of it.

Happy hunting

• Like 16
  • 5 years later...
On 01/04/2015 at 11:12, the goat said:

If your not breeding to the same type is that then outcrossing? And what do you mean same type? Just curious myself iv never line bred but would obviously like to do so when I think the time will be right.

I can’t give you an example of family breeding in terriers because although i think working terriers are amazing working dogs and if I had to own any other type of working dog it would be a terrier my dedication is to bulldogs (APBT). 

So I hope this helps if not I apologize 

man example of a Family in the game bred American pit bull terrier would e Dibo or atleast that’s my definition of A family within a dog breed. I call it a family because there were many different breeders whose yard  of dogs were based off of the dogs produced by him bred to different females. There was usually not just on good dog in a litter so multiple litter mates were used by different breeders which in turn different strains  of the same family of dogs were created  

the more successful breeders who bred from this family were Carver and Boudreaux   Carver’s dogs were mainly from the breeding of his Black widow dog bred to Dibo who was her grandfather mixed with dogs down from Trahan’s rascal Dibo’s half brother that were bred by Leo Kinard and Floyd Boudreaux  and he took those dogs who were then bred to the dogs from the breeding of Eli to spook who which were bred and owned by Floyd Boudreaux but Jerry Clemmons made the actual breeding. So the breedings Carver made with Bullyson to his Dibo/black widow/rascal stuff plus a few offspring of Eli jr and brendy was  what his strain consisted of. 

Boudreaux’s strain was similar but he only used very little of the Carver stuff from Dibo/black widow.  His strain consisted of dogs bred down from His Blind Billy dog and  Trahan’s rascal  who he owned at one time He Eli/spook dogs Bullyson, Eli jr/ brendy along with his Boze dog who was Eli’s half brother is what his dogs were from and there offspring used to keep them he line going 

All of the dogs mentioned all were inbred / line bred on Dibo  and pretty much all of the Present day strains of dogs go back to both Carver and Boudreaux  multiple different strains of dogs came from the breedings of those two men

On 01/04/2015 at 11:32, the goat said:

don't think I'd fancy breeding anything else other than PatterdaleS, and definitely not crossing two different breeds. But surely if a dog has been bred to something related I.E half brother half sister mating, then somehow folded back in with something from the same family, then carried on... isn't that line breeding, or starting / trying to line breed? I know some people who would breed 5 generations in quite a short time, but others who could take years and years to get through 5 generations

Line breeding is usually when the offspring of a particular dog usually a male dog are on the top and the bottom of pedigree. And the offspring are off of different females bred to the same male basically dogs from one dog bred to different females and the offspring of those breeding used for breeding generation after generation 

On 01/04/2015 at 12:14, the goat said:
On 01/04/2015 at 11:56, 5 feet down said:

Family bred would be uncle /niece or something related but not out of the direct line of breeding! line breeding would be tight gradaughter/grandfather or mother/son

is that your take on it or a known fact? So what would half brother half sister be?

Most people consider a dog to be family bred where the dogs in the pedigree come from offspring of multiple litter mates drone one specific breeding. So two brothers and a sister were great dogs and were used for breeding and then the breeding continues by using there sons, daughters, grand kids on and on to when if you were to look at the pedigree of one dog and were able to see a 15 generation pedigree all of the dogs in the pedigree would be Dow by from the breedings of the two brothers and that sister 

• Like 1
On 01/04/2015 at 16:07, Zilverhaze said:

i agree bgd the bringing of 2 lines togeather is a creation the carrying on a line is just that carrying on trying to better somthing ... still the breeders of your base stock deserve the credit for that nomatter witch way you choose ?

That can be the case. But say I started out with two males and  three females all from the same breeder me they were related by varying degrees coup e half siblings cousins a grandmother doesn’t really Matt for this example and after 6 years of using the dogs I myself bred by breeding my males to those females and then taking the best workers from those different breedings then bred them together and there good officials get bred. Then a great dog I bred form those breedings is produced. So o decided to line breed on him and in a couple years all the dog acc on my yard are down from him that would absolutely be my own line of dogs and. Or the man who I originally got dogs from