Foxes !

Don't underestimate the old collie x on foxes bud !!

not underestimating ive had 3 them mate they do them , any lurcher will do few , its the more than few 7 days a week , then you see what I mean.?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its easy to blame the dog. most lurchers that quit are entered to early and entered badly. by either imature or ignorant owners . that tend to be over enthusiastic or frustrated. sure a large percenta

Dogs descended from wolves are used to killing for food and used to killing animals that are born prey animals whos biggest defence is to run. In other words its not natural to kill a fox to eat (exce

Good single handed fox dogs are realistically few and far between. Foxing is my game and we do a lot of it. Hunting converts at weekends and lamping. I've brought lads out from up and down the country

Posted Images

not underestimating ive had 3 them mate they do them , any lurcher will do few , its the more than few 7 days a week , then you see what I mean.?
a dog that will do Charlie 7 nights a week is a dam good dog like I said earlyer a lot will back off as they are sore after a good night on them and that doesn't mean they are jackers you wouldn't fight night after night if you were getting the sh_t kicked out of you a good Charlie takes a lot out of a dog
  • Like 1

Seen dogs not entertain a little fox yet would hang on for dear life on a big brute of a Red Deer at least 3 or 4 times its weight,getting dragged and kicked to pulp..strange animals are dogs,one things for certain there are no guarantees in this game

that's it andy , they get can get killed by bloody big red deer , but go in hell for leather at them, but little 18 lb fox they hang back lol, yeh deff strange animals are dogs mate .lol

a dog that will do Charlie 7 nights a week is a dam good dog like I said earlyer a lot will back off as they are sore after a good night on them and that doesn't mean they are jackers you wouldn't fight night after night if you were getting the sh_t kicked out of you a good Charlie takes a lot out of a dog

true, :thumbs: ive only really seen one dog do them night after night, that was tug as ive said before about him , and not seen many like him before or after . :yes:

true, :thumbs: ive only really seen one dog do them night after night, that was tug as ive said before about him , and not seen many like him before or after . :yes:
I'd rather do Charlie's then rabbits preban of course as they are dam good sport

there ain't many dogs that will do Fox 7 days a week.in fact theres not many men that would either,I certainly wouldn't work a sore dog too often .

they usually get bit and swell ,not a good idea to take a dog out the.night after getting a face full

• Like 3

I'm sure some dogs Would do it without taking too much stick, but some situations it was unavoidable. Good dogs would bust a gut to catch. Sometimes, especially on fence line they'd have to lunge and grab anywhere. Then they'd take the stick.

Regarding bull x's. When you look at what the bull side of the cross is bred for and what is expected of a goodun then killing a fox should be relatively easy in theory. Yet in practise many don't make the grade as in all lurcher breeding. How many time's have you heard about jackers and how many of the macho lot double n even treble their dogs up on fox. Pre ban good single handed fox dogs wernt as common as what some think.Plenty of dogs would muck in in company but on their own different story. And yes some of them collie X's belter's. Ask some of the macho lot today what line of bull blood is in their lurcher and most ain't got a clue. A lot being bred from any old bulldog that's ragged some poor mongrel about the park and not from a true and proven dog.Good single handed dogs that caught and killed a lot of foxes over a season weren't that common.

• Like 4

was just going to mention you matey and them hills alot would depend on what kind of ground and numbers your taking rob some are more suited to a certain task and day or night i cant see the difference theres fox dogs and dogs that can take fox :thumbs:

Edited by blackmaggie

Regarding bull x's. When you look at what the bull side of the cross is bred for and what is expected of a goodun then killing a fox should be relatively easy in theory. Yet in practise many don't make the grade as in all lurcher breeding. How many time's have you heard about jackers and how many of the macho lot double n even treble their dogs up on fox. Pre ban good single handed fox dogs wernt as common as what some think.Plenty of dogs would muck in in company but on their own different story. And yes some of them collie X's belter's. Ask some of the macho lot today what line of bull blood is in their lurcher and most ain't got a clue. A lot being bred from any old bulldog that's ragged some poor mongrel about the park and not from a true and proven dog.Good single handed dogs that caught and killed a lot of foxes over a season weren't that common.

Would have to disagree there mate, I know the bull that's in my we line an it has served me an others fine for 13/14 years atvb

I know.a small holder that owns a German Shepherd that is a prolific fox killer this bitch can be trusted with everything so much as he let's her out and she just has a mooch on her own among sheep goats and farmyard fowl he recons she takes more fox a year than he shoots I recon he should put a greyhound over her but he wont

• Like 1