Sly B*stards.

Just wanted to have a little vent! Got a phone call half an hour ago, from a farmer that farms the ground next to my house. Been walking the ground for my whole life, don't have permission to hunt it, as there is no game, but have permission to cross it etc. Over the years i've helped said farmer out countess times calling about sheep down, untangling sheep from fences, getting them off their backs, even stopped a dog killing their sheep a few years ago.

Anyway, I get an irate phone call. Some one has phoned me and said that your dogs have been chasing my in-lamb ewes.

100% bullshit, at the time, two dogs were on leads with me, and two in the kennels at home.

The result - told to keep the hell off their land!

But what a sly little prick you have to be to do something like that aye?

Edited by Ideation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to see them tomorrow. I will find out who it was, and I will find out why they did it. And then I will decide my course of action lol.

sleep with his wife

When you find out who it is that hates you....give them something to hate you for.....

That's the thing - whoever phoned them must be someone local and respected. I live in a very rural area, not a lot of folk would know who farmed those fields, and also know me. SO there is a fairly short list of folk it could be. . . . . and for them to react like that it has to be someone trusted. I do understand, they have had a few problems in the last few years with dogs, cos there are a few families of 'in-comers' who have moved from the city to the country and brought their shit eating stock killing dogs. They are also quite old, and I guess they have just got wound up. . . . . but someone has really stoked their fires.

I'll find the sly c**t. . . . . funny thing is, this is the second thing like this to happen in the space of a week. Some one tried to have my old man black balled from a big shoot which he beats on, by telling the folk that run it a load of total shite about him and his dog. . . . . . . .

We've obviously upset someone. . . . . but can't think how, cos we very much keep ourselves to ourselves.

Might have something to do with the fact that I just quite my keepers job? :hmm:

I'm going to see them tomorrow. I will find out who it was, and I will find out why they did it. And then I will decide my course of action lol.

Farmers get very up tight during lambing. When you go and see them face to face they should realise its just some jealous/nasty coward. offer to show them your dogs amongst sheep.

• Like 2

That's the thing - whoever phoned them must be someone local and respected. I live in a very rural area, not a lot of folk would know who farmed those fields, and also know me. SO there is a fairly short list of folk it could be. . . . . and for them to react like that it has to be someone trusted. I do understand, they have had a few problems in the last few years with dogs, cos there are a few families of 'in-comers' who have moved from the city to the country and brought their shit eating stock killing dogs. They are also quite old, and I guess they have just got wound up. . . . . but someone has really stoked their fires.

I'll find the sly c**t. . . . . funny thing is, this is the second thing like this to happen in the space of a week. Some one tried to have my old man black balled from a big shoot which he beats on, by telling the folk that run it a load of total shite about him and his dog. . . . . . . .

We've obviously upset someone. . . . . but can't think how, cos we very much keep ourselves to ourselves.

Might have something to do with the fact that I just quite my keepers job? :hmm:

I Think You'll Find The Answer In Your Above Post . . It's Either The Job Or Because You Keep Yourself's To Yourself's Which Offends Some . . Good Luck in Finding The JEALOUS / DEVIOUS Fukcers . . I'd Be Down To See The Farmer & Accept Not To Cross His Land Again Though Explaining Your Dogs Didn't Do It & Tell Him The Incident Concerning Your Old Man & How You've Always Been An Extra Pair Of Eyes For Him !!

sounds like it may be your exgaffer you kept for

• Like 2

I Think You'll Find The Answer In Your Above Post . . It's Either The Job Or Because You Keep Yourself's To Yourself's Which Offends Some . . Good Luck in Finding The JEALOUS / DEVIOUS Fukcers . . I'd Be Down To See The Farmer & Accept Not To Cross His Land Again Though Explaining Your Dogs Didn't Do It & Tell Him The Incident Concerning Your Old Man & How You've Always Been An Extra Pair Of Eyes For Him !!
Defiantly agree with the keeping your self to yourself bit. atb Edited by Fieldsporthunter
  • Like 1

Aye, some very astute answers here!

For the record, I also farm some sheep, and work with sheep all of the time. Up till now its been widely accepted that my dogs are sheep proof. . . . . . 80% of the places I lamp are sheep farms.