Make Your Own Tools Thread.

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than the old open fire.

P1030611_zpsczpqaxjp.jpg

P1030610_zps8cnz68uo.jpg

P1030616_zpspkp0eqkt.jpg

fab fab and more fab

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok a lot of folks showing interest in the deer antler Opinels i have been doing so did a step by step tutorial when i made Flackos one.Posting here to keep all my stuff on one thread.   Use surclip

Thanks Guys, Glad you like them.   Heres the latest made it today. It's a Opinel No 12. Carved a wolf paw on the end of the handle.              

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than

Posted Images

Little project end of last week to save the bosses skin. He placed a successful bid on an insurance job to repair a damaged dyke. When it came to it the decorative concrete bricks were no longer in production. Client insisted on exact match for the 4 broken ones or replacement of the lot 50 or so. To dig him out of a hole i said i would have a go making some.

Traced a block and drew it out on plywood then cut KIngspan insulation on the bandsaw to the shape and glued to the plywood.

P1030639_zpssj9lmewb.jpg

Ply box to size.

P1030641_zpsvy2ngyux.jpg

Filled with a fine chip concrete mix and slipped the foam shapes out after setting over night. Lost a couple bits of foam on the one mold but just replaced them.

P1030645_zpsgdvetozb.jpg

Repeated it next day and now have four replacement blocks to match.

P1030647_zpspoklw3ge.jpg

• Like 12