Rifle Storage

+1 Chris. I do, just fac ammo and bolt have to be separate ;)

Bolt has to be separate as well? Is just in the ammo safe OK? I'd never heard that before and seeing as I've just applied for my FAC I think you've probably just done me a favour in mentioning that, thanks for the heads up :)

My feo insists on them being put in the ammo safe.

I'm happy doing it as i suppose one more safety measure is a good thing.

Well, that's FEO for you!

It is not a legal requirement, although I don't deny I keep mine with my ammo as well.

It is all but impossible if you think about it, what about semi auto .22lr/WMR and FAC air rifles, removing the bolt/firing mechanism can be far from easy!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

My feo insists on them being put in the ammo safe.

I'm happy doing it as i suppose one more safety measure is a good thing.

Well thats another FEO making it up as he goes along. If someone gets into your gun cabinet how long do you think it will take to prise their way into the silly little locked cupboard inside, 15 secs max?

My bolts stay in the rifles unless i am cleaning them, for two reasons, A, i don't go shooting and forget the bolt, B, i have three Tikka T3s and two CZs and i don't want the bolts mixed up.

Think must folk have a deeper gun cabinet so they can store there rifles with shotguns , and my FAO the same likes the bolt stored seperate from the rifle but as he tells you when hes coming thats no big issue :whistling:

Never leave the bolts in my rifles they are kept away from cabinets i put the bolts in when I get to my destination

Its just my personal choice as I might need to call to a shop or something

That way if the rifles are nicked there no good as the bolts are in my pocket

The only time I remove the bolt from the rifle for security reasons is if the rifle is in the car parked up. But even that seems pointless as a bolt would be easy enough to nick at a game fair or shop if you had already nicked the rifle.