Collie Bull Grey.

It's been ages since i've really been on here. . . . so my memories are hazy. . . . . but i'm sure that there are a few folk on here, keeping the above type of dog.

I am wondering if anyone out there, keeps, or knows of, a very good line of collie/bull/greys. . . . .

Something fast, strong, good stamina, driven, biddable, good temp etc, good feet, good nose, good heart. . . . . no smaller than 25/26 " tts.

Anyone?

P.S Not looking for a pup, but may be looking for a lining one day and doing my home work.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/8 bull 1/8collie 3/4 grey hust shy of 26tts

My first lurcher, best dog I've had but I know I never used him to his full potential as I was only interested in rabbits and hare, may have made a good fox dog because he certainly had attitude, hope

Posted Images

It's been ages since i've really been on here. . . . so my memories are hazy. . . . . but i'm sure that there are a few folk on here, keeping the above type of dog.

I am wondering if anyone out there, keeps, or knows of, a very good line of collie/bull/greys. . . . .

Something fast, strong, good stamina, driven, biddable, good temp etc, good feet, good nose, good heart. . . . . no smaller than 25/26 " tts.

Anyone?

P.S Not looking for a pup, but may be looking for a lining one day and doing my home work.

Put a game dog over Bree and start your own line...

• Like 2

Gnipper - Of course, had forgotten about dai. Do they not have some saluki in?

Trunk - I've read the thread. I must say, a very accomplished fox dog. I've been impressed. How fast are they? Odd question, and i'm not knocking a fox in the lamp, but you know what I mean? What's their pace and stamina like, if you had them out all day running hard, big runs, long slips etc.

• Like 1

Have one here he has been good dog no special lines just worker to worker done 8 full seasons will be putting him over my collie greyhound bitch this season to get a pup for myself and a couple of mates who also want one from him

• Like 2

To be fair mate av seen him run some good long courses and he can stay but not like a running dog can hes smart an will work a hare he gets up into it will find it hard to shake him but by no means is he a hare dog. Lifts foxes day time no problem at all he gets a turn into it its dead but as you no hes a fox dog mate thats my game mate

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Trunk. That sounds like a very handy dog.

KD - Sounds a very interesting mating.

Snizle - The bitch that I may one day line has a drop of saluki, and its just about all of the saluki i can take. . . . never again :laugh: P.S I have no interest in catching hares, but it's handy to know that a dog has pace and gears, whatever you are chasing, you need to get to it to catch it. And local to me, the rabbits are really tough to get on top of, can really make it hard work at times.

2\8 bull 1/8 beddy 5/8 grey X 3/8 5/8 collie grey. 4year old. 25 tts.

has tough skin and good coat.

Good retrieve, obiediant, unreal strike, good hunter,excellent jumper (takes on hedges),fast, wants its gear, no reverse gears.

Takes all.

I know exactly how hes bred, right down to the 1/16 riddlington bedlington in him.

Only fault is it can be too keen for my likeing at times

No world beater but no duck egg, would not like to think I had to replace him.

No fee at all.

• Like 3

Can I add something to this thread - I wouldn't mind seeing some photos, especially of the dogs already mentioned. The x works in my head, but I could do with seeing what the variables are, in size / stamp, if that makes sense?

2\8 bull 1/8 beddy 5/8 grey X 3/8 5/8 collie grey. 4year old. 25 tts.

has tough skin and good coat.

Good retrieve, obiediant, unreal strike, good hunter,excellent jumper (takes on hedges),fast, wants its gear, no reverse gears.

Takes all.

I know exactly how hes bred, right down to the 1/16 riddlington bedlington in him.

Only fault is it can be too keen for my likeing at times

No world beater but no duck egg, would not like to think I had to replace him.

No fee at all.

Forgot to say I owned and worked his mother for 6 seasons and new his farther since he was 9 month old who died after he went over a wall with ledge on the other side while coursing approx 5year old.