• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eat less + work out more = weight loss   Been saying it for years. Apparently I'm lacking in empathy and compassion, and its never a fat person's fault that they are fat...

I follow the whole food diet.........             the whole packet of biscuits, the whole bottle of Coke, the whole packet of popcorn........

21 it not bad mochara,,,,but them things can be way off,,,lots of very fit lads that carry a bit of muscle can be way over,,,,,the best measuring tool,,,,is the mirror,,,and just be honest when you lo

Posted Images

Human growth hormone, HGH, as lab can testify best fat burner and muscle builder there is. Lol

to run a cycle of that Can be quite expensive. Although I suppose prices vary on different 'suppliers'
too right it is, but def works

Human growth hormone, HGH, as lab can testify best fat burner and muscle builder there is. Lol

to run a cycle of that Can be quite expensive. Although I suppose prices vary on different 'suppliers'
too right it is, but def works

How much did your lifts go up when you were on it if you don't mind me asking much strength gains. Squat , dead and ohp?

just had, sausage egg n chips, 4 rounds of bread n butter, theres a large slice of rhubarb pie in the oven, i will have that we a dollop of double cream, eh, a spud more than a pig, and still retain my youtfull figure :laugh:

great, :drink:

I started conscientiously changing my eating and exercising at the beginning of Febuary, 4 weeks later I started the low carb thread, its been a great kickstart - but I now need to tweak things a bit. I did get a bit serious about the low carb thing what with urine testing for ketones etc, but no harm done (I hope!)

At best I lost 10 kilos, im guessing I lost a lot more stored fat than 10 kilos, as ive put on a fair bit of muscle. Got up the other day and thought I had wrinkles in my skin on my back behind my shoulder/underarm! felt the other side and its the same, had a look in the mirror and its bloody stretch marks! Apparently this is normal! Im now 8kg less than my starting weight, plan on loosing some more fat, but not going to worry about the scales so much, as has been said a few times the mirror and the eye are my friends!

I kid you not, begining of febuary I was struggling to a couple of press ups, in sets now I can do 300 or so, couple of weeks ago I thought pull ups would be a handy exercise, tried and failed miserably to do 1! :icon_redface: totally embarissing fail, can do 4 on the spin now! be nice to do 10 though :D Found a few youtube trainers that are easily understood and ive found motivating, dont laugh but Mike is my favourite LOL

Am now thinking about cardio, jogging is out as got a bit of a shitty ankle, much better though for loosing 10kg of fat b*****d. Was thinking about one of them classes the women goto, get a sweat on... & thats before the class even starts! A mate was interested in going, a good lad who only a few years ago had everything, but he keeps falling off the wagon, would love to help him as he has been an ear for me the last few months.

Got a mate with some basic gear, but he is budha size (loads of dust on his gym machines LOL). he want to loose some weight etc, but the downside is... risk of him having a heart attack while im there & listening to him telling me how strong he used to be.... im out in the sticks, so a modern facility is probably an hour away. Got plenty of old fashioned facilites around me though ie: manual labour!

Funny you mention classes ,,,just got back from circuit training,,,,find somthing like this local to you,,,,I would sooner do stuff like this than the stationary bike or treadmill ,,,,both of witch bore me to bits...

• Like 1

Funny you mention classes ,,,just got back from circuit training,,,,find somthing like this local to you,,,,I would sooner do stuff like this than the stationary bike or treadmill ,,,,both of witch bore me to bits...

When I was a youth I done some circuit training, remember getting to 100 press-ups in 60 seconds. Yeah bike and treadmill dont float my boat.

I started conscientiously changing my eating and exercising at the beginning of Febuary, 4 weeks later I started the low carb thread, its been a great kickstart - but I now need to tweak things a bit. I did get a bit serious about the low carb thing what with urine testing for ketones etc, but no harm done (I hope!)

At best I lost 10 kilos, im guessing I lost a lot more stored fat than 10 kilos, as ive put on a fair bit of muscle. Got up the other day and thought I had wrinkles in my skin on my back behind my shoulder/underarm! felt the other side and its the same, had a look in the mirror and its bloody stretch marks! Apparently this is normal! Im now 8kg less than my starting weight, plan on loosing some more fat, but not going to worry about the scales so much, as has been said a few times the mirror and the eye are my friends!

I kid you not, begining of febuary I was struggling to a couple of press ups, in sets now I can do 300 or so, couple of weeks ago I thought pull ups would be a handy exercise, tried and failed miserably to do 1! :icon_redface: totally embarissing fail, can do 4 on the spin now! be nice to do 10 though :D Found a few youtube trainers that are easily understood and ive found motivating, dont laugh but Mike is my favourite LOL

Am now thinking about cardio, jogging is out as got a bit of a shitty ankle, much better though for loosing 10kg of fat b*****d. Was thinking about one of them classes the women goto, get a sweat on... & thats before the class even starts! A mate was interested in going, a good lad who only a few years ago had everything, but he keeps falling off the wagon, would love to help him as he has been an ear for me the last few months.

Got a mate with some basic gear, but he is budha size (loads of dust on his gym machines LOL). he want to loose some weight etc, but the downside is... risk of him having a heart attack while im there & listening to him telling me how strong he used to be.... im out in the sticks, so a modern facility is probably an hour away. Got plenty of old fashioned facilites around me though ie: manual labour!

I know plenty of strong healthy lads who cant do a single pull up......with a close grip and palms facing in performed correctly its a basic bicep exercise that most people can do as the biceps is what is termed " a showy muscle " hence most trainers work them hard..............a wide grip with palms out is a back/lats exercise,not such a showy muscle hence you wouldnt believe how many trainers struggle with them !

Nothing wrong with old fashioned facilities......basic equipment will give the best gains when first starting out anyway.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Gnash as embarrassing as it is to admit,,,I can't do a pull up,,,,it fecks me off no end,,,but years away from the gym and gaining to much fat has done that,,,,back in my early 30,s,,,and weighing around 15 stone,,,not a problem,,,I could wack 20 out wide grip,, no swinging nice proper reps,,,would even do a set or two weighted,,,,

One day if I get this weight off,,,,lol

Gnash as embarrassing as it is to admit,,,I can't do a pull up,,,,it fecks me off no end,,,but years away from the gym and gaining to much fat has done that,,,,back in my early 30,s,,,and weighing around 15 stone,,,not a problem,,,I could wack 20 out wide grip,, no swinging nice proper reps,,,would even do a set or two weighted,,,,

And you take the piss out of me shreck ... At least I can still do pull ups dips and press ups ... You fat old knacker :chair: ........

• Like 1

And you take the piss out of me shreck ... At least I can still do pull ups dips and press ups ... You fat old knacker :chair: ........

It's only cos I'm taller than you ,,,,and have a greater range of motion,,,,lol

Mate at Easter I got on the scales at the gym,,,,proper electronic things,,,honestly it was a big wake up call,,,,282 lbs,,,,not fecking healthy

It's only cos I'm taller than you ,,,,and have a greater range of motion,,,,lol

Mate at Easter I got on the scales at the gym,,,,proper electronic things,,,honestly it was a big wake up call,,,,282 lbs,,,,not fecking healthy

Fukc me you are a walking heart attack waiting to happen ... Between you and mushroom there should be some decent hunting kit up for sale soon .......

• Like 1