If God Made Everything, Who Made Him ?

The big bang theory does NOT claim to explain how the universe was created,

Yes thats my point, its put across to the masses, that the big bang is how we were created, only scientific folk or people who checked it out, knows better.

how the universe was created,

Thanks for that born, glad you agree with me mate

define universe please.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody, it is all a figment of people's imaginations.

My god! If I read one more time that the big bang theory is something from nothing I'm going to have a big f***ing bang of my own.

A little thought on faith;   Faith is belief in the absence of proof, right? But it's a mistake to think all faith is equal. It varies with evidence, between complete faith in a statement that has z

Posted Images

They say the universe is expanding so should in theory well in my mind anyway it should be expanding away from an epicentre? But I cant find anything saying roughly where the centre of the universe is How do they know the universe is not shrinking towards a centre point

My god! If I read one more time that the big bang theory is something from nothing I'm going to have a big f***ing bang of my own.

what is the theory now mate
Very simply, the universe (space-time and all the its energy) several billions years ago expanded from a physical singularity. Everything we have in the universe now has evolved from that singularity. And despite the bullshit, that theory has been thoroughly tested and as so accepted as fact.

No where in any of mainstream science is something or anything claimed to be created from nothing! The big bang theory does NOT claim to explain how the universe was created, only how what we have and see today has developed and came to be. The events prior to the singularity are not understood, much less tested and all that we have now WAS there before.

True, it accepted as fact now. The only thing not quite understood is what was there before. One theory is that if you travel far enough in space you go back to the beginning, full circle if you like. As all the planets are travelling away from the initial "big bang" it's thought perhaps they may all just do the full circle, collide and start again. The evidence is out there somewhere, it's just a very big place to search.

As for all this "not fact" and "supposed facts" trying to disprove actual scientific facts, all I can say is I will not trust any "fact" that comes from a religious body. You could say they may be a little biased seeing as how their not inconsiderable income depends on it.

I have still to see one actual fact, or reasonable theory, that would prove either the existence of God or even the possibility of it being true. Scientific fact that is, from a university or similar unbiased entity.

What born is trying to say for us unscientific folk, is that the big bang is not an explanation to tell us how, time, space, an matter, was created," your own words born" its merely an sneaky explanation, to say the universe had a beginning,,,,God told us this first line of the bible thousands of years ago,,,in the beginning(time) God created heavens,(space) an the earth, (matter)

Glad we cleared that up, correct me if im wrong born.

They say the universe is expanding so should in theory well in my mind anyway it should be expanding away from an epicentre? But I cant find anything saying roughly where the centre of the universe is How do they know the universe is not shrinking towards a centre point

because the planets and solar systems they can see are accelerating apart. By working out the trajectory they know they all came from one centre point. Theoretically they know where it should be but can't see that far due to the time it takes light to travel that distance. But, if we're here, and we're not travelling at the speed of light then the "flash" may have passed us by. Seeing as it's travelling at the speed of light AWAY from us then we will never "see" it .

If the initial "flash" has travelled past us at the speed of light, then any possible light coming back towards us can only travel at the same speed, therefore it would be stationary and only us travelling towards it would enable us to see it.

Very simply, the universe (space-time and all the its energy) several billions years ago expanded from a physical singularity. Everything we have in the universe now has evolved from that singularity. And despite the bullshit, that theory has been thoroughly tested and as so accepted as fact.

No where in any of mainstream science is something or anything claimed to be created from nothing! The big bang theory does NOT claim to explain how the universe was created, only how what we have and see today has developed and came to be. The events prior to the singularity are not understood, much less tested and all that we have now WAS there before.

True, it accepted as fact now. The only thing not quite understood is what was there before. One theory is that if you travel far enough in space you go back to the beginning, full circle if you like. As all the planets are travelling away from the initial "big bang" it's thought perhaps they may all just do the full circle, collide and start again. The evidence is out there somewhere, it's just a very big place to search.

As for all this "not fact" and "supposed facts" trying to disprove actual scientific facts, all I can say is I will not trust any "fact" that comes from a religious body. You could say they may be a little biased seeing as how their not inconsiderable income depends on it.

I have still to see one actual fact, or reasonable theory, that would prove either the existence of God or even the possibility of it being true. Scientific fact that is, from a university or similar unbiased entity.

What born is trying to say for us unscientific folk, is that the big bang is not an explanation to tell us how, time, space, an matter, was created," your own words born" its merely an sneaky explanation, to say the universe had a beginning,,,,God told us this first line of the bible thousands of years ago,,,in the beginning(time) God created heavens,(space) an the earth, (matter)

Don't think so, the big bang created the planets and solar systems. The universe as such doesn't exist, it's nothing and nowhere.

If god created everything where was he before he did?

This is where is becomes conceptually quite difficult to grasp.

There isn't a center... everything is expanding away from everything as if it was the center like dots on the surface of a inflating balloon! Mad as f**k right? Imagine you are a dot on the surface of a balloon, as the balloon inflates you see all the other dots get further away from you making you feel like the center of expansion, yet this effect is the same no matter which dot on the balloon you are!

The only rational explanation for this is that space/the universe does not have a center or an edge in the conventional 3 dimensional geometric sense. Which is why it's so hard to conceptualise/understand.

We know it's not shrinking but is expanding from Edwin Hubble's observations of distant Stella objects. He measured their velocities using red shift (the shift in light's wavelength when the emitting source is moving) and their distance from earth and showed a clear trend, that all these distant objects were receding from us.

Don't think so, the big bang created the planets and solar systems. The universe as such doesn't exist, it's nothing and nowhere.

Rod born said otherwise above, do you disagree mate?

I can't believe I'm about to say this but yeah that's about right mate. As I've said all along, the big bang theory allows for the existence of a god or creator. It doesn't exactly support the idea but it certainly does not exclude it. In fact I believe big bang was embraced by theistic scientists over the previous steady state theory because of that.

This is very interesting born, the dimensional thing,

Imagine you are a dot on the surface of a balloon, as the balloon inflates you see all the other dots get further away from you making you feel like the center of expansion, yet this effect is the same no matter which dot on the balloon you are!

I was reading up about it, up to 7 dimensions they say, which physics scientist discovered it, I forget his name, intriuging

The universe is our space time and all the energy (and matter, which is a form of energy). It's entirely possible there is a world outside of our universe (space time) which is responsible for the 'creation' of ours. The big bang theory tells us how our current universe was built from its earliest known origins as a physical singularity but it does not tell us how our space time and the energy in it came to be.... yet! It's the difference between knowing how you grew up from a day old baby and knowing how the fetus that grew into that day old baby was made. If you get me?

Imagine you are a dot on the surface of a balloon, as the balloon inflates you see all the other dots get further away from you making you feel like the center of expansion, yet this effect is the same no matter which dot on the balloon you are!

I was reading up about it, up to 7 dimensions they say, which physics scientist discovered it, I forget his name, intriuging

You're getting into string theory and M-theory now which is quite advanced quantum physics. I'm not afraid to say it's well above my pay grade! I was sticking more to simpler cosmology but yeah string theory in its many flavours is one hope to try to understand what is going on better, tying together cosmology and quantum physics. I doubt any of us will see the day though.

You're getting into string theory and M-theory now which is quite advanced quantum physics. I'm not afraid to say it's well above my pay grade! I was sticking more to simpler cosmology but yeah string theory in its many flavours is one hope to try to understand what is going on better, tying together cosmology and quantum physics. I doubt any of us will see the day though.

Yeah born its very interesting, which scientist theorized this, can you remember mate?

Rod born said otherwise above, do you disagree mate?

No he didn't ? In what way?