If God Made Everything, Who Made Him ?

said it before, at the very start of the book, "God made man in his own image" God if he existed was/is a human of some kind or else the people who wrote it couldn't visualise what a God might look like and just played it safe and used a man to reassert there superiority over woman

That opinion is that stupid its funny paulas, did you not read the link, how the prophets, described, God is a spirit, in another dimension, whichbi s all scientifically plausable, as we found out earlier.

so are you telling me, it does not say man was made in his image :hmm: it does not say man was made in the physical image of a cross dimensional being, that is yet more things man has added to cover the great big holes in the book now we are more able to question and investigate it deeper.

Meaning of image,

his = male. image = likeness ffs next you will be telling me he was Mr Blobby

Relax paulas, God is a spirit, we take our likeness an image after him whats the big deal.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody, it is all a figment of people's imaginations.

My god! If I read one more time that the big bang theory is something from nothing I'm going to have a big f***ing bang of my own.

A little thought on faith;   Faith is belief in the absence of proof, right? But it's a mistake to think all faith is equal. It varies with evidence, between complete faith in a statement that has z

Posted Images

Paulas, could you name any other supposed holes mate?

more holes than a sieve, but they were explained in the first thread, the age of the earth, the flood, Noah bla bla bla bal ,

Holes than a sieve, sure the evidence backs it up, or can you back up your we rant, lol

more holes than a sieve, but they were explained in the first thread, the age of the earth, the flood, Noah bla bla bla bal ,

Holes than a sieve, sure the evidence backs it up, or can you back up your we rant, lol

dont need to God has already trans-morphed into something else in less than a page, :laugh::laugh:

ˈɪmɪdʒ/

noun

a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art.

"her work juxtaposed images from serious and popular art"

synonyms: likeness, resemblance; More

a visible impression obtained by a camera, telescope, microscope, or other device, or displayed on a computer or video screen.

"Voyager 2 sent back images of the planet Neptune"

synonyms: picture, facsimile, photograph, snapshot, photo; More

an optical appearance or counterpart produced by light from an object reflected in a mirror or refracted through a lens.

synonyms: reflection, mirror image, likeness; echo

"he contemplated his image in the mirrors"

MATHEMATICS

a point or set formed by mapping from another point or set.

COMPUTING

an exact copy of a computer's hard disk, made for backing up data or setting up new machines.

a mental representation or idea.

"I had a sudden image of Sal bringing me breakfast in bed"

synonyms: conception, impression, idea, concept, perception, notion; More

a person or thing that closely resembles another.

"he's the image of his father"

synonyms: double, living image, replica, lookalike, clone, copy, reproduction, twin, duplicate, exact likeness, facsimile, counterpart, mirror image; More

semblance or likeness.

"made in the image of God"

(in biblical use) an idol.

synonyms: idol, icon, fetish, false god, golden calf, totem, talisman

"a graven image"

the general impression that a person, organization, or product presents to the public.

"she strives to project an image of youth"

synony

The bible was translated into an older English

I don't think you can use a modern dictionary to explain the meanings of words in the bible

Iit's easy to knock and ridicule because the alternative is to become un-cool so it's much easier not to really question what is taught. As a young lad I was the same.

Wonder how many will mock before departing this planet.

Said it before there are no atheists on a burning aeroplane.

That's all I have to say on this post as it's becoming tedious now.

Praying to god in the face of death is a sign of desperation that many of us may experience, doesn't necessarily mean enlightenment......I'm more interested in the atrocities committed by the religious.....whether it's child rape or all out war, what do their prayers consist of then? Catholics, Muslims, Christians, Jews etc etc.....just seems like a facade to me, a 'get out of jail card'.....
Sorry, I don't buy the first part. I've been in harms way more times than I can even remember. I don't call on God out of desperation. I call because I know what he can do for me.

For the crimes, wars, and all the rest. That is human beings doing what human beings do. If you do evil you are not all that religious are you?

ATB

Tell that to the Vatican.....
Accip, that's weaker than no comment at all.
Really???......The Vatican...a place where corruption is endemic & many of its residents have a penchant for child sodomy & you say there not 'all that' religious there?

But hey, I'm not singling out Catholics here, that's just one example.......whether it's a jihadist about to blow up a shopping centre full of innocent folk or a catholic priest who's just raped a child, both would appear EXTREMELY religious to me, but the decent folk, probably like yourself, who have a similar faith choose to bury their heads in the sand & ignore it.

So it's only decent folk that are 'really' religious?

It's been suggested on here before, that we used to live as a society in a golden era of 'good Christian values', but so far I've failed to find this 'golden' time in recent history, where there was no child sodomy, rape, murder, robbery, extortion, human neglect, racism, political corruption etc etc etc etc...........

A family member of mine, in the late 1940's as a 6 year old, was sexually abused by a family friend, he apparently had good 'Christian values', a regular church attendee, but I guess he wasn't 'all that' religious either, right? Then as a teenager she was raped by an irish soldier, just a guess here, but I bet he'd had a fair dose of god fearing shite shoved down his throat from an early age as well, or maybe not?

Maybe this wasn't during the golden era of 'good Christian' values' either? Maybe someone can enlighten me?

From where I'm standing I can see plenty of decent religious folk, doing decent things, but evil is committed by folk with a faith just as strong, some say fanatical.......all under the facade of religion, the good folk just don't want to see it.

Don't talk to me about weak pal, I'm not the one going through life with a 'comfort blanket'. ATb

Sounds like you could use one.

Yeah mate your right, the meaning of image in old english or middle english. Was body.

as in that flat bread the give you in mass,,could do with a bit utterly butter on it that gear

the flesh of the deity of the field,the wine symbolised his blood.

again long before christianity.

You think God is an alien, explain what an alien is first mate, in your terms, to me aliens are demons masqurading as et or ascended masters etc etc

That God has put into another dimension, thats why they always seem to be light, balls of light or whatever, thats how they travel so fast, an disappear into thin air, an theres loads of evidence for this

Aliens? They come from somewhere else. We assume that there may be some other beings out in the universe somewhere. Why wouldn't there be. Demons are spirits with out corporeal form. Fallen angels to us, and certainly to be avoided. You could call them aliens as they seem to occupy another dimension. Who knows maybe they have form in Hell.

God is none of these things. As he made everything we can observe it would be wrong to say he's an alien here.

My stab at time would be that it enables us to comprehend our lives, and events past present and future. I imagine God sees us as a puddle of sorts every moment of our life visible at once to him. I wonder if we see ourselves this way in the end. When I finally go, my memory will be crap. So, seeing my life all at once might help me explain a few points along the way. :icon_redface:

ATB

I think Christianity extended from Judaism neems and that pal is the oldest of all religions

says who?

the middle east has been a melting pot for a long time,people mongrelised and ideas on religion\beliefs adapted and changed a lot.

judaism was originally a pagan religion,yehwah (the god of war) being one of many gods,so in that sense it could be true that they practiced this ritual first (though to another god) since they would have been more reliant on agriculture earlier than europeans.

the more isolated and the purer the people,the older the religion.

Yeah mate your right, the meaning of image in old english or middle english. Was body.

as in that flat bread the give you in mass,,could do with a bit utterly butter on it that gear

the flesh of the deity of the field,the wine symbolised his blood.

again long before christianity.

Your getting confused with catholcism, its mostly paganism mixed with christianity, constantine mixed the two, donnt do transubstanciation, its not scriptural.