Chocolate Tea Pot

Well went out this morning with a man who has a dog that can be trusted took along the red dog I had on trial the dog lied on mark laid in a earth barking at nothing run the trusted dog through just to check so the one I had with the red dog last week must of been beginners luck owell no money had changed hands yet so back it goes edited to add we checked probably 15 earths so not all this in one place no one home any where but it was a nice warm day out

Edited by leethedog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I would put money on mine, and I would not worry how big the place was or how little scent it had

how can you make a terrier run a place when it says no ? ,,,,, egging a terrier on to check earths your un certian are holding,,, that will confuse it and you end up with a terrier what messes aroun

Havnt read whole thread but has the dog been worked off a quad box .Out the box in a hole back in box ,kennel, like many hunt terriers .known a lot of false marking from these box bound dogs ,a huge f

Posted Images

If the earth was empty why did the trusted dog run through it?

Can a dog tell if an earth is occupied from smelling at a hole? Can it feck!

Especially at this time of year when vixens can give off little or no scent :hmm:

Cheers, D.

• Like 4

Especially at this time of year when vixens can give off little or no scent :hmm:

Cheers, D.

Well I would put money on mine, and I would not worry how big the place was or how little scent it had

• Like 14

If your dog anything like the thing it won't go to ground unless there's one in

Some, I'll grant you but quite a few times we've had foxes out of places where hounds have ran over.

Got to run the place to be certain :yes:

Cheers, D.

Well went out this morning with a man who has a dog that can be trusted took along the red dog I had on trial the dog lied on mark laid in a earth barking at nothing run the trusted dog through just to check so the one I had with the red dog last week must of been beginners luck owell no money had changed hands yet so back it goes edited to add we checked probably 15 earths so not all this in one place no one home any where but it was a nice warm day out

That's an old trick that one,leave a spewer off long enough and give it out on trial and it looks a half decent dog,wont be long until it shows its true colour thou,and that colour will be yellow
  • Like 1

how can you make a terrier run a place when it says no ? ,,,,, egging a terrier on to check earths your un certian are holding,,, that will confuse it and you end up with a terrier what messes around in empty earths,,,, i think you shuld always trust in the terrier untill it has been proven wrong if the dog wants to work it will find them a quick sniff at the entrances is enough for a terrier what no its job

• Like 9

[quote name="leo1" post="3887623" timestamp="1425848296

Some, I'll grant you but quite a few times we've had foxes out of places where hounds have ran over.

Got to run the place to be certain :yes:

Cheers, D.

I don't get out with hounds often, whilst having my own dogs with me anyway. Any decent digging dog should mark without having to go and investigate what's below. Just my opinion

Atb

Cheers, D.

if my dog says there's no one home I trust him. You must spend a long time digging holes in the ground
  • Like 2