''proper'' Pit Bulls

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not everyone.......i just never understood how the work of some good dogmen created glory for somebody who never worked a dog in his life....im certainly not about to get into arguments that still go

Its alright for yous with your light hearted bickering ive been typing while hiding under my bed lately being as how some boy Jukel off here warned me against discussing gamedogs a few weeks ago....it

Thats probably because he,s always been a salesman.......doesnt mean he didnt produce some exceptional dogs though.

Well Nelis was a Limey dog and Lost his only match game, they were Alligator dogs. Plumbers Alligator is one of the all time catchweight great dogs, Pat Patrick was one of the top breeders but I believe he lost all his dogs in a raid.

And some might say Pat Patrick, was also one of the all time biggest dog peddlers and sold more than anyone else ever in the game.

Well Nelis was a Limey dog and Lost his only match game, they were Alligator dogs. Plumbers Alligator is one of the all time catchweight great dogs, Pat Patrick was one of the top breeders but I believe he lost all his dogs in a raid.

And some might say Pat Patrick, was also one of the all time biggest dog peddlers and sold more than anyone else ever in the game.

Yep he was but that don't change the facts he bred top class dogs.

What about this instance then Brindle, a fella who we went to visit kept a big yard, part of his learning about the dogs he went and worked for the Rebel -Ricky Jones as a general yard boy. Says he saw with his own eyes a dog scratch then keel over and expire there and then, Jones had a vet on hand doing jabs and stuff on pups etc and he managed to get the dog back to life, took it back into the pit where it scratched into another dog in the other corner AND survived to live on, true or not I don't know but don't see that he had any reason to lie about it.

Without wishing to sound unkind the bloke sounds like a f****n idiot !.....So he takes an exceptionally game dog to its death,remarkably gets the dog going again..............and then thinks i know lets go back and scratch him again just to make sure !!!

" IF " its a true story.....animals dying and then coming back to life are not exactly every day occurences are they so i hardly think it alters the term dead game :D

The Rebel may have been many things but he knew his shit about the dogs that's for sure.

Ricky spent a lot of time and money rolling testing and matching his dogs, and anyone could go over for a visit clean up after his dogs and spend there money on some of his unwanted stock...he obviously culled ruthlessly to, although rumour has it some of the boys stateside think Ricky Rebel should of culled himself as when the chickens came home to roost Ricky showed to be the rankest cur on his yard.

• Like 1

Yes I know what your saying but if you breed that many and some go to the right people then surely you going to get some good uns. I wonder how many good dogs came off his yard in comparison to how many pups he sold....

Yes I know what your saying but if you breed that many and some go to the right people then surely you going to get some good uns. I wonder how many good dogs came off his yard in comparison to how many pups he sold....

The same can be said for ROM Stud dogs, breed the dog enough times and your bound to strike gold on occasions.

Wasn't me started the comparisons Gnasher...I don't need correcting ,I know the score,but putting a dog in the box is far removed from a predator chasing its prey on a level playing field ,which the person I took umbridge with was stating was more cruel before he edited the post,up until that I kept my nose out :thumbs:

You do need correcting mate you made a mistake you said the dogs have nowhere to run and cant escape.......thats wrong so i corrected you.

Personally i dont think either are cruel but never mind.

• Like 1

What about this instance then Brindle, a fella who we went to visit kept a big yard, part of his learning about the dogs he went and worked for the Rebel -Ricky Jones as a general yard boy. Says he saw with his own eyes a dog scratch then keel over and expire there and then, Jones had a vet on hand doing jabs and stuff on pups etc and he managed to get the dog back to life, took it back into the pit where it scratched into another dog in the other corner AND survived to live on, true or not I don't know but don't see that he had any reason to lie about it.

Without wishing to sound unkind the bloke sounds like a f****n idiot !.....So he takes an exceptionally game dog to its death,remarkably gets the dog going again..............and then thinks i know lets go back and scratch him again just to make sure !!!

" IF " its a true story.....animals dying and then coming back to life are not exactly every day occurences are they so i hardly think it alters the term dead game :D

The Rebel may have been many things but he knew his shit about the dogs that's for sure.

Ricky spent a lot of time and money rolling testing and matching his dogs, and anyone could go over for a visit clean up after his dogs and spend there money on some of his unwanted stock...he obviously culled ruthlessly to, although rumour has it some of the boys stateside think Ricky Rebel should of culled himself as when the chickens came home to roost Ricky showed to be the rankest cur on his yard.

Think he started off buying in unwanted animals and made success with them, didn't he turn snitch??

Not necessarily mate !

?...a dead game dog is one that takes its death rather than quit...its dead
Oh no it's not ....
Its all got a bit pantomime now...if you think that a deadgame dog isnt a dog thats dead...then you clearly dont know what your talking about...a game dog is one that wont quit at its task no matter what...a deadgame dog dies seeing the job through...historicaly speaking..the clues in the word...'Dead'

Yeah what about that instance...i bet you loved Jackanory as a kid didnt ya greengrass...anyone with even half an interest in these dogs knows what 'Deadgame' means...other than you...you have to try and be smart and mug me off with some old fairytale about a dog that comes back from the dead...if theres any truth in the tale maybe the dog passed out through exhaustion...got revived...and scratched...deepgame at best...but not Deadgame...and dead dogs dont scratch....and you cant breed from a dead dog...because its DEAD!...and you cant come back from the dead...only in fairytales not in the realworld...handy the vet was on hand jabbing those pups dont you think?...but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?...this risen again back from the dead dog must be some sort of legend in the game...a well known name we will all know...what was the name of this famous dog???

remember reading a book back in the day called velvet and steel by bob stevens ?about conditioning bulldogs good book

I once lent Dogs of velvet and steel to the originator of this thread...(i wonder if he remembers?)...i dont think its that great a book to be honest...certainly not worth the silly money it was changing hands for in the UK about 10yr back...i got a copy straight off the author

had a wee banjo/rosita bitch only pushed 26/27ish. Personally like them over 30 and under 40, but like the big man says, if they have big hearts...;-)

Yokel

Well at this point the thread seems to come full circle...starts off with useless 170pounders and finishes with handy 30pounders...theres some sort of message in there somewhere

Not necessarily mate !

?...a dead game dog is one that takes its death rather than quit...its dead
Oh no it's not ....
Its all got a bit pantomime now...if you think that a deadgame dog isnt a dog thats dead...then you clearly dont know what your talking about...a game dog is one that wont quit at its task no matter what...a deadgame dog dies seeing the job through...historicaly speaking..the clues in the word...'Dead'

Yeah what about that instance...i bet you loved Jackanory as a kid didnt ya greengrass...anyone with even half an interest in these dogs knows what 'Deadgame' means...other than you...you have to try and be smart and mug me off with some old fairytale about a dog that comes back from the dead...if theres any truth in the tale maybe the dog passed out through exhaustion...got revived...and scratched...deepgame at best...but not Deadgame...and dead dogs dont scratch....and you cant breed from a dead dog...because its DEAD!...and you cant come back from the dead...only in fairytales not in the realworld...handy the vet was on hand jabbing those pups dont you think?...but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?...this risen again back from the dead dog must be some sort of legend in the game...a well known name we will all know...what was the name of this famous dog???

So to try and get dead game dogs you'd need to breed of game dogs that you may or may not find out one day if it really was dead game. I don't know much about these dogs at all but I'd think that the dead game dogs where just freakish dogs well bred but just freaks, of course it may have been bred to the balls but how many of them came from dead game dogs? I wouldnt be trying to breed purely for gamness but more for a good bit of everything that it needs to be a great dog and hope the gamness is in there. That might sound like a load of pish but as I said I know feck all of these dogs but enjoyed reading this thread