• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

Guest alcapone

Some on here has to know how he was breed were is ken goulds right hand man alcapone he is the man that reckons he knows everything about gould dogs

Yes underdog,the breeding of the great smithy is as follows......got your pen ready d*ckhead?!?....

Sire:UNKNOWN

SMITHY

Dam:UNKNOWN

So there you go underdog,now you know as much as the rest of the clowns on here! How's your crossbred unpedigreed hounds doing this season? Your red AC dog and white patterdales.......no wonder the dog games f*kd. For the record I think smithy was the best producer of working lines,he produced some great foundation dogs that are still found today,had ken Gould not of owned him and mated so many bitches it would be interesting to see where the black dogs would be today. As for the naieve lot saying that pedigrees don't matter look at the best pit dogs,daytime coursing dogs,terriers,chickens,pigeons,greyhounds,race horses or anything else bred for performance.....the pedigree is everything. Of course if you choose not to believe me do the research,of course odd animals are flukes/flyers call them what you will,but statistics will show that linebred animals have a better history of being better performers and producers. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this underdog?? However I think the following quote will say it all for you "Your better to keep your mouth shut and be thought as stupid,than open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Edited by alcapone
  • Like 9

Alcapone u are the man by the way the red dog is flyin it how is your pit crossed dogs doing.smithy was a gud but someone must know how was breed he just didn't fall out of the sky did he.so basically what you're saying he was a fluke since no one knows his breeding?

Edited by undertaker
Guest alcapone

I don't have any bull x terriers on my yard underdog as you well know. Shame you didn't take the advice I gave you. If ken Gould knew exactly how smithy was bred he would have been down to buy more the same way bred as he said,the dogs alleged pedigree only appeared after he made his name......and IF dickhead didrikson claimed to have bred him where was his similar type dogs to smithy? He didn't have them as it wasn't true,simple!

• Like 2

Some on here has to know how he was breed were is ken goulds right hand man alcapone he is the man that reckons he knows everything about gould dogs

Yes underdog,the breeding of the great smithy is as follows......got your pen ready d*ckhead?!?....

Sire:UNKNOWN

SMITHY

Dam:UNKNOWN

So there you go underdog,now you know as much as the rest of the clowns on here! How's your crossbred unpedigreed hounds doing this season? Your red AC dog and white patterdales.......no wonder the dog games f*kd. For the record I think smithy was the best producer of working lines,he produced some great foundation dogs that are still found today,had ken Gould not of owned him and mated so many bitches it would be interesting to see where the black dogs would be today. As for the naieve lot saying that pedigrees don't matter look at the best pit dogs,daytime coursing dogs,terriers,chickens,pigeons,greyhounds,race horses or anything else bred for performance.....the pedigree is everything. Of course if you choose not to believe me do the research,of course odd animals are flukes/flyers call them what you will,but statistics will show that linebred animals have a better history of being better performers and producers. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this underdog?? However I think the following quote will say it all for you "Your better to keep your mouth shut and be thought as stupid,than open your mouth and remove all doubt!

good points al i definatly agree with the pedigree part. when people say there not worth the paper there wrote on thats because they dont know there dogs or cant trust the seller .

It's not what you know it's who you no!

I think fox dropper has a valid point, if you or I owned smithy would he have still been the legend??

Don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything away from the dog, but if he was not in kens hands he would not be the legend he was today!

And could the high produce of working offspring not be down to the sheer amount of bitches smithy covered ?? Surly if a dog say covers 100 bitches and produces 50 workers out of 100 litters

To a dog that covers 5 bitches and produces 7 workers out of 5 litters, who produces more workers??

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

No good whatsoever, should have kept him as a pet. And now we would have had nothing to bitch about and our dogs would be scared to go in a hole . The dog survived and was passed about through some decent terrier boys kennels and serviced lots of bitches. ?? Why he was useless. :)

All my dogs are shite, I'd love to have a legend? Unfortunately when the dogs come to my kennel they cannot become a legend because only my mates have them .and strangers. Mine just shit a lot and have off days in deep places. Long live other people legends . Any for sale paypal :)

• Like 2

ime not one to crib but it gets abit boarin the old smiffy scenario sounds like the same hype/pitch as any one selling a chocolate dog it is stevens breeding

but they forgot the name of the sire ,, smithy killed evrything it got up to pre ban ye great hard one to swallow that how many times on this site have people said a good dog is never for sale but this one been up and down the country like a dhl parcle van and if he was such a good producer and had such a massive impact on the blck terier why isent ther still lines of him killing pre ban gere all over ? and his breedig is unknown dont mean to come acorss as a slater but i find it hard to swallow to be honest i think its a botnof a fishermans tail a good dog blown up over the years

• Like 2

4 generation after and the smithy breeding has gone from any dog blood will out and I dont think anyone gives they good dogs away do they . If u have a poodle put a Patterdale on it and then put Patterdale on the offspring and keep on doing it u wont get any poodle left . Was smithy a smart showy type dog?

• Like 1