SMITHY?? . I know it is a long time since, maybe 40 years, and did Cd, sell him to goldy, but who bred him. A man i spoke with said it came from his yard and he'sa man wwhowwasn't buying them in,, any facts or truth on this?

I'm pretty sure C.D. bred Smithy and then sold him on with him ending up with K.G.

• Like 1

he was bought from a unknown traveler, fact, regardles who got there hands on it. breeding not known. thats from the sourse himsef.

Apparently there's been loads of shit about this with who bred him an people falling out over it mental

Yes, it's another one. But this man would have been well known and he said a lot of times, that smithy, jet, rags came from him and cd, got them off him. What's the truth, and why lie on each side?

he was bought from a unknown traveler, fact, regardles who got there hands on it. breeding not known. thats from the sourse himsef.

what source?Because Gouldy bought him from Ray Smith from Essex and that's from a couple of lads who dug him plenty of times before Ken got him.
  • Like 2

what source?Because Gouldy bought him from Ray Smith from Essex and that's from a couple of lads who dug him plenty of times before Ken got him.

i had dealings with a fireman ,terry from essex at that time ,, he told me all about smittie & rags well before ken had them ;)

• Like 2

now see that's what I heard DS but I was talking to a mate recently and he reckons the dog was bred in Lancashire .

I thought ken got him off Colin d?

didn't CD write something about this in one of the magazines?

yip he also new the breeding in him

Why was he passed on so many times if he was such a good dog?? Not doubting his quality but could it not be possible that the dogs only a legend because of the people who owned him rather than his ability under the sod?

• Like 1

Why was he passed on so many times if he was such a good dog?? Not doubting his quality but could it not be possible that the dogs only a legend because of the people who owned him rather than his ability under the sod?

Money, usually!

• Like 1