• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last days hunting with him, he was as good as they say with both terrier and spade..............his people skills needed work though ?

I no longer post to this site, however I watch. I saw Smithy several times at work, he was a  very big lump of a dog. Not kept at a sporting weight as he was always kennelled,  tall as yr knees. I saw

Late 90's granddaughter of smithy most of my stuff is down from her.

Posted Images

Me dogs worked rocks and crags in lancs f***ing boring and pointless waiting for a bolt or waiting for the dog to come off coz its got up to it a killed it and wont come off. not my cuppa tea that.i want to go out put me dog in a proper earth push me dog and me sen digging it out so me and the dog have worked get the dog out and both go home knowing weve had a good and done right by each other.

• Like 3

Thats fair enough horses for courses isnt it. if that was the only option i had i'd most prob do it as i always like to have terriers about me .like i said i have done it ands its been a change of scenarie and somts different.but much prefere earth work.

"His go back to smithy" why would anyone mention him? they nearly all are.

i mean he said gould, smithy, and then your man's name. He also said, i know gould hasn't bred them in 20 years

i mean he said gould, smithy, and then your man's name. He also said, i know gould hasn't bred them in 20 years

empty your inbox mate.

All i will say is that if he appears in as many lines as the paperwork says he never had time to get dug .Take all the hype with a pinch of salt as he was only a typically hard terrier of the time moved on by money men .Heard the dog spoke of as if he were a god .Plenty about then and now of the same .

• Like 6

All i will say is that if he appears in as many lines as the paperwork says he never had time to get dug .Take all the hype with a pinch of salt as he was only a typically hard terrier of the time moved on by money men .Heard the dog spoke of as if he were a god .Plenty about then and now of the same .

agree to a certain point mate , I don't think he was " only a typical hard terrier " I think he may have been a bit more . Let me ask you this how many typically hard terriers would you say there has been in the decades since he was about ? Now how many " typically hard terriers " have reached he's level of Input in lines (and that's without all the bullshitters that say he's in there dogs line) in not only this country, but country's around the world ! for me he was a bit more than a one trick hard terrier , he was a hard dog that produced many workers, not just with related line bred bitches but scatter bred bitches as well ! Edited by marshman
  • Like 6

agree to a certain point mate , I don't think he was " only a typical hard terrier " I think he may have been a bit more . Let me ask you this how many typically hard terriers would you say there has been in the decades since he was about ? Now how many " typically hard terriers " have reached he's level of Input in lines (and that's without all the bullshitters that say he's in there dogs line) in not only this country, but country's around the world ! for me he was a bit more than a one trick hard terrier , he was a hard dog that produced many workers, not just with related line bred bitches but scatter bred bitches as well !

If Gouldy never got his hands on him he would have been just another hard terrier .Are you seriously saying theres not many hard dogs about that arnt producing or are you hung up on the legend too .Not looking for an argument but he was only a hard dog ,his like worked more and more since the locator .I remember dogs working with no collars but cant remember if they were about then or not but what i do know is mute dogs were never valued back then by lads that worked the only true way ,single handed no matter what wonders he achieved below the sod .To have to put a sounder in behind would of made him a cull never to see a bitch .Legends are rarely that in the dog world ,just bigged up by lads that have used it and too embarrassed to speak up .Again mate there are plenty of better dogs nowadays ,just worked hard by unassuming lads .

• Like 4

agree to a certain point mate , I don't think he was " only a typical hard terrier " I think he may have been a bit more . Let me ask you this how many typically hard terriers would you say there has been in the decades since he was about ? Now how many " typically hard terriers " have reached he's level of Input in lines (and that's without all the bullshitters that say he's in there dogs line) in not only this country, but country's around the world ! for me he was a bit more than a one trick hard terrier , he was a hard dog that produced many workers, not just with related line bred bitches but scatter bred bitches as well !
If Gouldy never got his hands on him he would have been just another hard terrier .Are you seriously saying theres not many hard dogs about that arnt producing or are you hung up on the legend too .Not looking for an argument but he was only a hard dog ,his like worked more and more since the locator .I remember dogs working with no collars but cant remember if they were about then or not but what i do know is mute dogs were never valued back then by lads that worked the only true way ,single handed no matter what wonders he achieved below the sod .To have to put a sounder in behind would of made him a cull never to see a bitch .Legends are rarely that in the dog world ,just bigged up by lads that have used it and too embarrassed to speak up .Again mate there are plenty of better dogs nowadays ,just worked hard by unassuming lads .
don't twist my words now FD lol where the did I say that they're ain't hard dogs producing today in my post ?? but i tell you what if you can tell me any hard dogs that are about today that will be in the same amount of men's yards that smithy blood is , and That same hard dog thats still being talked about in the next thirty years I'll concede lol !
  • Like 2