Sparticus X Scratch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Spartacus bred dog I had another great working dog

ABC if you put a picture up be prepared to be shot down in flames, in all honesty mate when you stuck it up I took one look and thought what a shit type ! I'm not looking for a fight, I'm not a k

Posted Images

by the sounds of it its alot of people bought a product and didnt now what the product was ha two litter in kennel and dont know what litter is which but they by sparticus just give me a couple quid and take 1 or 5 if u want as long as i have my money i dont care were they go. was the dog a sex machine or just a good name to mention when selling pups

I remember being at my mates yard a couple of year's back (4 at most) and a couple of lads from up country came down that had all there dogs off KG and out of one or two dogs in particular, but on them taking them from his yard and working them only to be found out too be shite. If I remember rightly they got rid of all there dogs off KG and trying to start again. All good things (usually) come to an end.

Everybody has different expectations and requirements of their Terriers, for my personal requirements the stuff I owned and saw work from the 'Spartacus' specific blood, was not for me. Certain people around the time were happy, when he was put to certain females, the click worked for their expectations. Ken told me himself that his Russells would not suit me, so tried his black stuff and at the time 'Spartacus' was the dog of choice for his project. It was the Smithy blood I was hoping to tighten up on, but the females and males I had were left wanting............for me. Ovitt came to Devon and wasn't all that and lots of other Terriermen have brought their dogs down and their dogs have been 'disappointing'. It's down to percentages, some say they have a 100% successfully dug to Terriers and some say they have 100% of their Litters work out. I say "go tell it to the Marines". There are different terrains, depths, experienced quarry and types of place all over the Country. I see post after post about certain lines and certain dogs being the dogs danglies. Even with this post, some may say, "just because it is written down, doesn't mean it is so".

I personally like to mainly dig large gear and go where I can legally do it. Jagd Terriers are used and other more usual breeds we are used to over here also, a fair amount are left wanting there too. Some are mute, some are mixer/bayers, getting smashed up and some just right for a while. I have had 4 year old Terriers jib. If I can dig 30-40 a season with a second season Terrier, I am well happy and that's after 'lifting' dogs for certain reasons. I have rarely had a Terrier be no good for Fox, with some being better in some ways than others. I bet there are a very, very, very small handful of Terriers about which truly are 'The Dogs danglies'. Many, many Skeletons in many, many Closets which haven't been let out!!......lol.

Sorry Axle for going off Topic, but it sort of is on topic...........when you said about how certain crosses clicked. I hope you are well and 'No Surrender'.

• Like 8