Way Way To Early To End Yet

post-74118-0-31678300-1422850055.jpg

The little feckers are getting earlier every year. My rule of thumb is first dig I fi a nest I stop ferrting but not the 1st February surly, be warned every one extra thought needed before you ferret that really big deep warren every one likes to keep till last ,

On a good note the extra large poke nets I got from TREELANDER work&purse perfect

ATB mark

Ive come to the conclusion you just need to crack on regardless. In my area the cover didn't realy die off until December and often there are young rabbits about in mid January. I start September on open ground like orchards and I usualy pack in about now. But in future Im pushing on right into February.

Edited by pie-eater

I usually stop when I dig down and get a couple of small ones. Thats my treat for all the hardship ferreting over the winter getting cut up to bits. A member of here put me onto cooking the small ones in the deep fryer for 10 mins.The hole carcas goes in absolutely delicious with a pinch of salt.The nicest rabbit you will ever eat. Im counting up the unborn babies in the dead does in double figgers now

Sodding typical! Hardly been out all season now I've got the time and opportunity and everywhere seems to be full of young,we usually stop once we find a nest of pinkies though and my next trip out wil probably be the last til next season now!