Lab. Give me a bell I`ll run you through the system I have. The solar panel is superb,

I have a gas boiler fitted, and had it turned of for 3 months during the summer. Everything came from the solar panel.

The boiler stove is ace. Chews the wood likes, but I`m a fekin magpie with chainsaw, so my entire fuel bill for this winters heating/ hot water was £50, and that was on Peat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic wouldn't be with out one plus I'm a tree surgeon     Gaz

Tell me about it                     Love wood lol   Gaz

All my heating and hot water are fed from this and a solar thermal panel. Best money I ever spent on the house. I love it.   It`s on just now with three dogs in front of it, and a kettle warming on

Posted Images

Lab. Give me a bell I`ll run you through the system I have. The solar panel is superb,

I have a gas boiler fitted, and had it turned of for 3 months during the summer. Everything came from the solar panel.

The boiler stove is ace. Chews the wood likes, but I`m a fekin magpie with chainsaw, so my entire fuel bill for this winters heating/ hot water was £50, and that was on Peat

I'll do that mate when I'm ready to buy it....cheers.

I don't have gas up here I'm on oil and it really would be a good saving for me.

Such a shame I live bang in the middle of the forestry......wonder where I'll get some wood.?..lol

It`s the way forward mate.

I`ll be up for a cuppa with the Stihl and the pickup :whistling:

Have your cuppa then "I've never seen ye"....lol

• Like 1

we have a fire place which is boarded up, if i was to open it and install a woodburner would i have to run a pipe right to the top of the chimney?

depends if your chimney is ok or not , best to get it inspected , you can buy insert stoves that fit into a normal fireplace opening and doesnt need a liner

we have a fire place which is boarded up, if i was to open it and install a woodburner would i have to run a pipe right to the top of the chimney?

yes a metal liner

depends if your chimney is ok or not , best to get it inspected , you can buy insert stoves that fit into a normal fireplace opening and doesnt need a liner

thanks chaps, will get someone qualified to have a look, would hate to burn the chimney stack down!!!

Only one way to go, open your fire place, sweep out all the crap that's dropped in since it was sealed. Get it swept by a sweep, and if your chimney is good and does the smoke test, then start looking for a burner :thumbs: Houses built pre 92 don't have to be lined, just checked by the buildings inspector. I didn't bother with the inspector, and mine has been in 7 years, with no problems.

• Like 1

Only one way to go, open your fire place, sweep out all the crap that's dropped in since it was sealed. Get it swept by a sweep, and if your chimney is good and does the smoke test, then start looking for a burner :thumbs: Houses built pre 92 don't have to be lined, just checked by the buildings inspector. I didn't bother with the inspector, and mine has been in 7 years, with no problems.

cheers. i will get it thoruoghly checked before making any decisions, but sounds hopeful. am looking forward to the potential of saving a few quid, as i can get as much wood as i like for free :thumbs:

Bit of a thread hijack here lads so apologies in advance but can anyone tell me whether a multi fuel stove/burner it better than a log/wood only burner ??? Or the difference other than the obvious...

Obviously a multi is better , you have more options what you can burn
  • 1 month later...