The New Daystate

I have had two secondhand Daystates and both have been great guns. The X2 was a superbly accurate piece of work, the Mk 3 is as good but with the clinky mouse trigger, it is much quieter as a bonus. Downside is you must charge the batteries!

However the tales of woe from Daystate owners must now eclipse anything BSA managed with the R10....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks awful to me, no way I'd spend that much on an air rifle anyway. I'll stick with the rapid I reckon. Just my opinion.....

Feck me for 2k I would want it to suck me off when the rabbits were not showing it looks like the guns used to shoot the giant insects on that film starship troopers, I cant wait to see the first bel

Gentlemen.   To be honest. Absolutely Honest. It's not winning any fans, so far, is it? No-one around the shooting forums is saying "My God, I have just got to get me one of those in .22!"   It ma

I bought a new X2r in .20 got to be near enough 7 year ago and it never missed a beat,my mates owned it for around 5 ish years and its still never gone wrong or failed him ever . On the other hand a mate bought a brand new MK 4 before Xmas and it wouldn't group under 4" at 30 yards,he took it back to shop the next day and got an Hw100 instead and is more than happy with it.

Vm not all DAYSTATE owner mind getting slagged , over there rifles

I think that we find them accurate , work well , and don't have issues with them , then we're happy

If other folk have trouble with them it's a shame , but as mole said the r10 had its own issues , and I dare say that

Other rifles will be the same

It's all a matter of personal chose , and I suppose that if we weren't happy we'd fec em off and buy something else

So keep smilling mate

And up the villa to day ! Yove got no chance

Dave

• Like 1

Agreed with one above. A good rifle is good until it goes wrong. There are just as many problems with all models as there are DS models. A point I made months ago now in a post, it's just the DS models problems seem to hit the forums or "headlines" more. It might be down to the fact that they are very expensive and the more you pay, the more your annoyed when it doesn't work as intended.

I like DS. I wouldn't own one, there a bit old man for me, but I do like them.

As far as the Daystate vs R10 arguement goes BSA at least had the sense to admit they had a problem and do a mk2 version which in my (albeit rather limited experience) seems to have adressed the main issues. I'll give you they're still not perfect, mine only puts out about 10.5 ft/lb but seeing as it is such a tack driver at that I don't see it as a problem. Its nicely under the limit with any pellet and to be honest out to 60 odd yards it doesn't make a lot of difference to your prey if you put the pellet on the right spot :D

Vm not all DAYSTATE owner mind getting slagged , over there rifles

I think that we find them accurate , work well , and don't have issues with them , then we're happy

If other folk have trouble with them it's a shame , but as mole said the r10 had its own issues , and I dare say that

Other rifles will be the same

It's all a matter of personal chose , and I suppose that if we weren't happy we'd fec em off and buy something else

So keep smilling mate

And up the villa to day ! Yove got no chance

Dave

But at £800 - £ 1500 you would expect them to be spot on, ok I know you will get problems with any thing but at the moment Gaystate guns are unbelievable.

One of my RFD are pulling out of stocking Gaystates because of all the returns of guns with problems !!

By the way I am a villa supporter and I was the only one in 6000 Bournemouth supporters