Just wondered if anyone had any particularly firm feelings on puppy food? The young lad I've somehow adopted came with a bag of cheapish looking puppy food and wondered if anyone cared to share any tried and tested methods before I purchase some more?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why people are afraid to feed raw to pups and think its bad for them and that it will go straight through them leaving no goodness etc ... Dogs have been eating raw food for thousands of

gain puppy and sapling

With raw they normally shit less, its smaller, harder and black

Posted Images

Raw's good, but try and have a variety. I tend to ring the changes through chicken, turkey and rabbit, with green tripe approx every 10 days. Also occasional oxtail and venison, just depending on what I've got kicking about. And make sure you include some bone.

I found raw goes.strait through a pup not nice to clean up and the pup doesn't get the goodness out of it in that case I feed cooked meets no bone mixed with Chudleys keeps em stiff and still getting extra protein for good muscle growth

Edited by leethedog

I don't know why people are afraid to feed raw to pups and think its bad for them and that it will go straight through them leaving no goodness etc ... Dogs have been eating raw food for thousands of years ... If it was that bad there wouldn't be any dogs left would there ? .....

3 weeks old enjoying some minced chicken ........

Picture020.jpg

• Like 10

I found raw goes.strait through a pup not nice to clean up and the pup doesn't get the goodness out of it in that case I feed cooked meets no bone mixed with Chudleys keeps em stiff and still getting extra protein for good muscle growth

dont know about cooked meat are ye cookin the goodness out of it I think they were originally designed to eat raw meat