• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why people are afraid to feed raw to pups and think its bad for them and that it will go straight through them leaving no goodness etc ... Dogs have been eating raw food for thousands of

gain puppy and sapling

With raw they normally shit less, its smaller, harder and black

Posted Images

Listen pal... get it on the RAW..forget biscuits and all the other dried completes.. mixing complete and raw at same time is no good for digestion.

Raw meat and a bit of Veg/rice/pasta/brown bread/fruit/eggs/ lots of Fish, like tinned sardines/mackerel..etc etc

Chicken carcasses/necks/wings..or even whole chickens from supermarket if you cant get any decent mince,that would be the perfect base ingredient and staple diet instead of some shitty dried complete crap..then add to that basic chicken all the other stuff in varied quantities and mixes ,beef,lamb,tripe,offal,Horse,venison,rabbit,game bird,woodies. basically some good red meat as well as the chicken..they need plenty of bone for the calcium and good growth.. chicken wings and legs go down a treat with pups. I used to give mine a whole frozen rabbit to gnaw on when she was very young,She would spend all day peeling it and chewing it down to a pile of fur.. great for the teeth and stress relief.

Get some puppy fat on it...ram as much grub down it as it will take and keep ramming it til its fully grown. . .i like to see a pup with some meat on its bones :thumbs:

I use raw ( chicken wings, cheap drumsticks natures mend frozen slabs seem to be easy to get hold of or ask a local butcher) and beta puppy for morning feed.. Best of both worlds

we got pup a few weeks back and I was surprised how much she loved raw she knew what it was straight away and ate it faster than the adults haha

Thanks for all the advice! Would I get bonemeal in a pet shop?

Don't add bone meal unless it has a problem absorbing calcium, puppy completes have the right amount of calcium and raw meat with some bone the same so adding extra in the way of bone meal will just unbalance it. It’s all about balance and with calcium it needs to be balanced with vitamin D or you could get abnormal bone growth..

I like a trim pup, the number of fat cells are determined in puppyhood so the fatter the puppy the more they create and then they are pretty much set at that figure for life and the last thing a running dog needs is to have excess fat cells..

This lad is fed on Skinners adult complete with raw meat and bones daily plus table scraps. Not skinny but not fat either.

post-2025-0-35519700-1421230848.jpg

post-2025-0-75283000-1421230826_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice! Would I get bonemeal in a pet shop?

Don't add bone meal unless it has a problem absorbing calcium, puppy completes have the right amount of calcium and raw meat with some bone the same so adding extra in the way of bone meal will just unbalance it. It’s all about balance and with calcium it needs to be balanced with vitamin D or you could get abnormal bone growth..

I like a trim pup, the number of fat cells are determined in puppyhood so the fatter the puppy the more they create and then they are pretty much set at that figure for life and the last thing a running dog needs is to have excess fat cells..

This lad is fed on Skinners adult complete with raw meat and bones daily plus table scraps. Not skinny but not fat either.

attachicon.gifPUP2.jpg

attachicon.gifmerlin2.jpg

The breed of the dog will determine the bone and build size etc etc.

We all like to see puppys that look like miniature versions of running dogs,Perfectly formed and shaped.

But when you look at for instance a greyhound puppy..they can look like fat Labrador pups,and they do so for a long time before they become the elegant racing machine that all our dogs originally stem from.

Skinny pup..skinny adult.

dam site easier to drop a bit of weight of a fat healthy adolescent dog than it is to get it on a skinny fussy bag of bones..lol.

No disrespect to you Sandymere because I know you know your stuff.

No offence taken, we all have our own way and i wouldn't ever suggest a skinny pup just not fat :thumbs:

Ive always grown my pups lean instaed of fat. Never had any problems as adult dog. Used to get all what is the best food and that. Dont bother with annoying myself whats the best anymore. There dogs, they eat there own shit. Once the food the pup is on has the pup looking healthy thats good enough with me. I went through the ukenuba, proplan, beta, raw. Ive used the cheapest 15kg bag of dried and some dogs did well and some didnt so I changed it to suit the dog. So my thinking now would be, if the pup or dog looks well on the food your using keep it on it.If the pup or dog is not doing well on the food your using try something else that suits your dog and the lifestyle the dog lives. As I was saying there dogs not high performance athletes. Most dogs people have wouldnt need all the nutrition. The more the dog is used and worked the more nutrition it will need. So dont get too stressed or worried what to feed the dog or pup. I had a dog and no matter what I tried it on couldnt put an ounce on it. I started to add boiled potato skins to its diet and the weight flew onto it.

• Like 1

Raw gives it the runs. f**k me only on the hunting life lololololol.all the carnivores in the world will have the skitters

There not carnivores though?! And if they were would at what age would they stop drinking milk and eating meat?

Of course they are carnivores ... Just because they can vary their diet that doesn't make them omnivores ...their teeth and digestive system make them carnivore ......