Pointer X Greyhounds

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a pointer cross that i have just in his first season, i don't know exactly what mix is in him maybe someone on here might know the lad that had him him came from near durham services, i have

He's had 34 fox. He catches them in cover no problem. You would be surprised mate GWP are verh powerful and aggressive dogs when comes to mixing it up they can hold there own.

Not only do they kill foxes for fun they will retrieve them too.     TC

Posted Images

He's had 34 fox. He catches them in cover no problem. You would be surprised mate GWP are verh powerful and aggressive dogs when comes to mixing it up they can hold there own.

Ain't that the truth but I don't think aggression is the right word. A good gwp can be one hell of a dog. My good mates line of dogs has produced some crackers, done well in the field from stalking to falconry and more. Great rough shooting dog and will whack a fox at the blink of an eye. These dogs are true HPR's, they will never beat a Lurcher at doing what lurchers do, but hell they are a very useful animal. Not to be underestimated in my opinion. The smooths are differnt to the wires, the wires tend to be a bit tougher.

Edited by Sirius

Not to my knowledge. But a boy near me had a ridgeback greyhound and that was a dog and half on big stuff.

I had one for a while ...county durham area

what was dog called mate?

barney

sbarney.jpg

• Like 2

The GWP are a pretty tough dog in general, slower than smooth germans to work but any german pointers ive seen work seem to have a hatred for fox and turn it up a notch when working one, they catch several especially in fields of beet. A mate has a massive wire hair dog the past few seasons and he is unbelieveable on fox, he is also a f****r around other dogs aswell tho. I think the cross could be usefull if the right animals were used.

• Like 2