Deerhound Greyhound Collie Greyhound

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go dinosaurs

Just some more snaps of my bitch that i posted above.. deer grey collie grey think shes 25 inch tall

The Deerhound/Greyhound/Collie combination is a real favorite of mine... I've bred and used them in the past,..never had a problem with them picking up rabbits... Obviously, you want them ou

Posted Images

Bitch pup 8month old. Sire is in my profile pic he is deerhound x weatonhound, and dam is 3quarter hound x collie. Pup is coming along very well just think im going to hold back on her and rember shes so young because ud sware she had a season down the way she taken to it day and night so well

post-74210-0-53150600-1418868711_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris87
  • Like 2

Had a few of these and a good one is as good as anything out there but some can be a bit moody and slow to mature, here's a pic of the last one about 10 yrs ago, WM

attachicon.gif18-03-05 086.jpg

this dog is a ringer for one i had in the 90's. i think mine was dhxgh x 3/4g x collie. best and smartest lurcher i've ever had. took all quarry and worked on till he was 9.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

There a cracking cross. Used to have one years ago 27-28”tts did well ended up eating baited meat & had to be pts. Got a dh gh x gh whpt & her daughter same breeding with just a tad of collie & beddy in mix. My nxt lurcher will be dg gh x collie gh if i can find the right breeding. May be worth giving Dave Slieght a ring see if hes had anyone using D. Platts stud dog over any collie gh’s?? Atb

I'm not after one but maybe for the next one I really like the deerhound x's they look very workable over most types of ground. But I'm happy with the pup I've got he should make a real good bunny dog. What would a dog of 27-28tts be like on bunnys? In my mind if the dog was flat out it would over shoot quite alot? 

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

I'm not after one but maybe for the next one I really like the deerhound x's they look very workable over most types of ground. But I'm happy with the pup I've got he should make a real good bunny dog. What would a dog of 27-28tts be like on bunnys? In my mind if the dog was flat out it would over shoot quite alot? 

The one i had was good on them very agile for her size but really only got going flat out after bigger stuff. Also had a pure deerhound 31 1/2””tts & she had quite a good catch rate on bunnies but nowhere as good as a lurcher. But never been into numbers so no probs. Atb

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

you might be surprised at how easy a big dog makes it look whilst catching bunnies.

On 19/12/2014 at 09:52, jhiggins said:

Matured surprisingly quickly - given what everyone says about these.

She is, however, the most injury prone dog i have ever owned. Feet as soft as f**k - seems to be one week on, two weeks off!!

I feel your pain brother