3/4 Collie 1/4 Greyhound

very nice strong looking dog :thumbs:

Cheers buddy..he's been through the wars over the years, broke a bone in a hind leg, lost an eye but he still works to a fair standard..be 6 in a couple of months and being honest im amazed he's lasted this long lol..runs everything with the gusto of a greyhound..every run is one of those "hold your breath" moments..been a useful recruit Fats..good luck if you go down the breeding route matey.

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well just a wee short story, A past mate of mine in the mid 70s, mated a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie over a first cross collie grey, he wanted me to take a pup off him and I said, you are only breeding rabbit

This is the sire a dog that takes all quarry on all ground ,and with a prey drive that would put any cross to shame. He is at home on big land , woodland, dales or mountains. But his tump card is his

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type

Posted Images

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type of work you can throw at a lurcher then a heavily saturated Collie lurcher is capable of performing to a decent standard..i like having one around me, mine has the nigh on 3/4 Collie in him and the rest is just lurcher with hardly any Grey blood at all.Never faltered at what ive thrown at him..if it breathes from the smallest to our very largest he will do it,lamps,ferrets,hunts..don't be put off with all this bollox of being too slow in general..

Canon11012_zpsbc8b3f43.jpg

:thumbs:

thanks fuji my 3/4 bitch is only young so plenty time to try and find the right dog.what hight is yours mate?

My fella is 24tts or maybe a shade more buddy..I ain't ever measured him lol but to my eye he's somewhere in that region?

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type of work you can throw at a lurcher then a heavily saturated Collie lurcher is capable of performing to a decent standard..i like having one around me, mine has the nigh on 3/4 Collie in him and the rest is just lurcher with hardly any Grey blood at all.Never faltered at what ive thrown at him..if it breathes from the smallest to our very largest he will do it,lamps,ferrets,hunts..don't be put off with all this bollox of being too slow in general..

Canon11012_zpsbc8b3f43.jpgThe biggest mistake many make is getting a dog thats not suited to their hunting lifestyle and the land they walk,good post Fuji.

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type of work you can throw at a lurcher then a heavily saturated Collie lurcher is capable of performing to a decent standard..i like having one around me, mine has the nigh on 3/4 Collie in him and the rest is just lurcher with hardly any Grey blood at all.Never faltered at what ive thrown at him..if it breathes from the smallest to our very largest he will do it,lamps,ferrets,hunts..don't be put off with all this bollox of being too slow in general..Canon11012_zpsbc8b3f43.jpg

I have a bitch out of this dog and I really can't stress enough what an excellent all round hunter she is. She has excellent coat,nose feet and stamina. She works very well with a gun and will hunt anything when out mooching.

post-23657-0-24894800-1418567034_thumb.jpg

• Like 5