Big Punchers

, Nelson was too powerful at that weight for most fighters , Pat was out cold before he hit the canvas

He done my old mucka Jimmy Mcdonnel a few years later......Jim was one of the fittest fighters ive ever seen but he went into the last round with Nelson on absolute empty he pushed him hard and just wanted to go all the way.....heartbreaking end i remember feeling fear come over me watching Jim laying on his side i thought for a minute he was bang in trouble....certainly carried some power Nelson....

Another one we shouldnt overlook for power was Naz ;)

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite of all time.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1jzjTjIhY

There is plenty of big punchers clips about but i like this one especially the tommy hearns ko of duran and how did larry holmes get up and win the fight after being flattened by earnie shavers.    

He done my old mucka Jimmy Mcdonnel a few years later......Jim was one of the fittest fighters ive ever seen but he went into the last round with Nelson on absolute empty he pushed him hard and just w

, Nelson was too powerful at that weight for most fighters , Pat was out cold before he hit the canvas

Another one we shouldnt overlook for power was Naz ;)

You aint wrong there fella, that boy could bang for sure from either hand and his feet wasn't even on the floor half the time lol! His downfall was falling out and away from ingle, then surrounding himself with yes men and family...

Yokel

• Like 1

Edwin Valero won every fight by stoppage and picked up World Titles along the way, WBA super featherweight and WBC lightweight titles,however he killed himself in Jail in 2010 after being a suspect in the murder of his wife. His record was 27-0 and 19 of those were in the first round.

• Like 1

Gnash , Jim as game as they come ! I have a DVD of the first Benn v Eubank fight , Jim is commentating , all he keeps saying is " This is a war , this is a war ! " , really funny to listen too !

Yokel , I have a mate who was fighting out of the Ingle camp at same time as Naz fell out with him , he said they fell out over 50k corner money , which when you think of the money they earned between them was peanuts ! I saw Naz 2nd pro fight ,on the Benn v Malinga undercard in Brum , he fought the 1st round with one arm behind his back then ko"d the lad in 2nd when he liked ................was an amazing talent but once again took bad advice .

Gnash , Jim as game as they come ! I have a DVD of the first Benn v Eubank fight , Jim is commentating , all he keeps saying is " This is a war , this is a war ! " , really funny to listen too !

Dont think ive ever heard it but he still gets ribbed for it today he always says why did they ask someone who cant talk properly to be a commentator in the first place :D ....Along with Terry Marsh he was one of the fittest fighters i ever saw he could swim faster than i could run :laugh:

MickC i couldnt agree with Valero his record was impressive but he never fought any of the real top fighters around at the same time....id even rate Paquiao a better puncher than Valero.

• Like 1

I agree Gnasher , had his personal life not gone the way it did,there would have been some great match ups for him. I'm sure he had an irregularity when he had his brain scan when he started his career and he struggled to get fights in certain Countries because of this .

He had brain scan irregularities after a bad motor cycle accident was not wearing a helmet and suffered a blood clot on the brain.He could only fight in Texas in the states so fought in different countries as Mick C states above. His ko record is very impressive. To watch i think he looks crude but you cant knock 27 kos on the turn. It would have been intresting to see him in some big fights against big name fighters but not be be.

He had brain scan irregularities after a bad motor cycle accident was not wearing a helmet and suffered a blood clot on the brain.He could only fight in Texas in the states so fought in different countries as Mick C states above. His ko record is very impressive. To watch i think he looks crude but you cant knock 27 kos on the turn. It would have been intresting to see him in some big fights against big name fighters but not be be.

Would've been 33 today.....

I agree Gnasher , had his personal life not gone the way it did,there would have been some great match ups for him. I'm sure he had an irregularity when he had his brain scan when he started his career and he struggled to get fights in certain Countries because of this .

Really.........ok i didnt know that i just knew he never mixed in real top class i didnt know about the scan stuff thats interesting.

First time I saw Naz was at Everton Park Sports Centre, He was around 14/15 year old and back then (iirc) he was known as the Golden Boy. It was the Boys club semi finals and he was up against one of the England Team. He walked into the ring with all the arrogance and brash he was known for as a pro, wearing a full length golden robe,shorts and boots with Ingle on one side of him and Herol Graham on the other (iirc) He stared the other fighter down then danced round the ring with the other lad trying to hit him, then all of a sudden Naz jumped on him and stopped him with a flurry of punches. He was gifted even back then. As for me ,I got stopped in the second round off the England Captain in my 13th fight lol.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1