Big Punchers

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite of all time.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1jzjTjIhY

There is plenty of big punchers clips about but i like this one especially the tommy hearns ko of duran and how did larry holmes get up and win the fight after being flattened by earnie shavers.    

He done my old mucka Jimmy Mcdonnel a few years later......Jim was one of the fittest fighters ive ever seen but he went into the last round with Nelson on absolute empty he pushed him hard and just w

earnie shavesr could bang on for sure :yes:

deff ,and ali sure could take a punch watched the fight, not many boxers would have still been standing like ali was from shavesr shots both great heavyweight boxers. don't think iron mike would have beat ali , as shavers is supposed to be the hardest hitter of all the heavyweights , and he took the lot, think iron mike would have run out of steam or ali would ko him. but looking what it did to ali later on in life , a real shame :yes:

• Like 2

You are right Bird, there's not many of those 70s heavyweights who don't speak with a slurring voice. They've all suffered some form of brain injury. Victims of their own bravery a lot of them . Particularly Ali-a crying shame. However, he says even if boxing did cause his Parkinsons's (let's face it, it did) he would do it all again and I believe him.

You are right Bird, there's not many of those 70s heavyweights who don't speak with a slurring voice. They've all suffered some form of brain injury. Victims of their own bravery a lot of them . Particularly Ali-a crying shame. However, he says even if boxing did cause his Parkinsons's (let's face it, it did) he would do it all again and I believe him.

:thumbs:

It wasnt the fact they was brave ( not that they wasnt ) they were fighting in the days of 15 round fights and 50/60/70 fight careers as well as hard sparring......understanding has come a long way today with the shorter distance,no gym wars,better conditioning,less fights etc meaning we,ll see far fewer punchy ex fighters than those days.

• Like 1

It wasnt the fact they was brave ( not that they wasnt ) they were fighting in the days of 15 round fights and 50/60/70 fight careers as well as hard sparring......understanding has come a long way today with the shorter distance,no gym wars,better conditioning,less fights etc meaning we,ll see far fewer punchy ex fighters than those days.

yeh things do seem to have changed for the better for the boxers welfare :yes: but they deff had some cracking battles in them days :thumbs: