White Patterdale

I used to own white terriers bred from 'patterdales'. They were better than the coloured ones in the litter should truth be told. IMO there's no such thing as a 'pure' patterdale and anyone saying they are is out for the $$$$... there all manner of other breeds in the mix and I always think the white comes from sealyham or russell more than bull. But thats JMO. Thing to remember is that you can't see it's colour when it's six foot down and working its heart out in the dark.........

• Like 7

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you've had black Jr's for years without realising it.

I used to own white terriers bred from 'patterdales'. They were better than the coloured ones in the litter should truth be told. IMO there's no such thing as a 'pure' patterdale and anyone saying the

I've seen one totally white dog out of a black litter, either a throw back to the russell, bull or sealyham in the line I'd say.

Back in the Early nineties, i had a small, let's say new type of Patterdale to us. Out of mickey, direct of nuttal, both parents. We went to Wales to a show and bought a. Chocolate ruff coated bitch, the old man said the was Russell and, staff, etc in the bitch. The sire was a lads good working patt, fell, who was there from Yorkshire. These two were bred, years later, all black pups, one white and black, sound dog.

I used to own white terriers bred from 'patterdales'. They were better than the coloured ones in the litter should truth be told. IMO there's no such thing as a 'pure' patterdale and anyone saying they are is out for the $$$$... there all manner of other breeds in the mix and I always think the white comes from sealyham or russell more than bull. But thats JMO. Thing to remember is that you can't see it's colour when it's six foot down and working its heart out in the dark.........

i thought you knew better than that D'Arcy, dig deep throw well back, that's what the saying,

Back in the Early nineties, i had a small, let's say new type of Patterdale to us. Out of mickey, direct of nuttal, both parents. We went to Wales to a show and bought a. Chocolate ruff coated bitch, the old man said the was Russell and, staff, etc in the bitch. The sire was a lads good working patt, fell, who was there from Yorkshire. These two were bred, years later, all black pups, one white and black, sound dog.

I remember a son of Micky's coming to Ireland in the mid 80s who made a big name for himself. Self entered at 8 months old with an 8 foot dig if I remember correctly.

I had a son of that dogs a few years later who ended up paying the ultimate for a working terrier.

i thought you knew better than that D'Arcy, dig deep throw well back, that's what the saying,

Eh? Don't understand you matey? :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

Have put our red dog across 3 different red bitchs and every time there has been 1black and tan in each litter makes no difference to their working ability have one here black and tan fromone of the litters 5years old now dug to him 3times on sunday had my ear to the ground for a good 30minutes listening to him each time I still could not tell what colour he was from. We're I was lying

• Like 1

i don't know if russell in the old Mungrels, but a man said who had them, the trace back to white sealams, 100 years?

i don't know if russell in the old Mungrels, but a man said who had them, the trace back to white sealams, 100 years?

People say alot of things matey....... :thumbs: Don't mean it's true.

It was only my opinion, and I'm probably wrong. All the best. :victory:

• Like 1

LOL, JD did you press the wrong button ?

SURELY you meant to press the ££££££ button, or am I wrong.

It was a slip of the fingers matey......£$£$£$..all amount to the same. :victory:

• Like 2

Had a black n tan lakey bitch years ago that was bred to a bnt lakey dog,5 bnt pups + 1 white,next time she was bred it was to a blacl fell dog,same result,5 black pups + 1 white.The white pups from both litters went on to work very well,1 was bit through the neck by a fox and was dead before the chap that owned her got to reack the van,bled to death,the 2nd worked until a good age where she was eventually lost to ground in a cave in on sandy ground.

It was a slip of the fingers matey......£$£$£$..all amount to the same. :victory:

You're right on both accounts.