Airgun Scopes

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's an air rifle scope, how far do you need to see, and fitted on a PCP how robust does it need to be? Of course you need it to work, be reliable and be clear at the distances you shoot but.........

I've had a few Hawke scopes before, Nite Eyes, Map Pro and others and I always thought that they were pretty OK for the money until they started to develop problems and they all did. The after sales s

Here here. Get a Hawke. There fine

Posted Images

If you want decent then don't buy a hawke. They are shite.

What's your budget?

Bushnell are good for the money.

I was at my club and counted 8 Hawke scopes, 6 on springers. Maybe they are not quite as bad as you are suggesting.

Maybe folk just like budget scopes and haven't tried anything else?

Did you ask them?

Each to their own mate.

I have a hawke 50mm sport HD here. Made the mistake of getting it thrown into a deal.

Mounted and zerod and popped the lamp on :no: the glass is wobbly (the cut not a loose lens lol) and the clarity is dreadful. It sucks light back in and causes glare. That's without turning the ret on.

I'm not going to go on listing faults that myself and others I know have encountered. I have tried a few and think they are shite. Something I won't buy again.

:thumbs:

It really is get what you pay for with scopes. My previous Lightstream was some way ahead optically than my Panorama's and the clicks were true with no backlash at all. The reticle was just something I couldn't get used to. The Falcon I had could not compare optically with the Panorama yet it was twice the price but so heavy. All four of my Vipers were good glass but reticles too busy. I don't think your standard 3-9x50 Hawke is a yardstick to measure a brand by, I agree it's not the best for gathering light but it's at the lowest end of anyone's budget so that should give you a clue as to value for money.

However, all three of my Panorama's provide different readings on the objective bell despite all three parallaxed at 28 yards. One says 25, one says 35ish and the other shows under 25. This is where the Hawke QC lets them down. They do have a very good customer service/warranty provision though so that's worth considering also.

• Like 1

Absolutely Pink :yes: the box standard hawke is by no measure of a brand. I wouldn't make a rash decision using something just the once.

Years back I got a hawke rangefinder scope. Can't remember the exact model but it was a whopping great thing in size and supposed to have all the bells and whistles.

That had countless faults inc poor parallax issues. Extremely tight adjustment rings and the turret measurements were wrong. In the end it went back and luckily for me good old Royal Mail damaged it. So I got a claim in and got more than my money back. Not without inconvenience mind.

As far as warranty and customer service goes.......well!! There are a couple of old members of this forum I know well. Who may not agree with that. Lol.

Issues can crop up with all makes. My shooting buddy has a nice Bushnell which started to fog up after a few months of use.

I had a nice AGS years back and the crosshairs would vanish when used with a lamp.

Any ever had a hawks sidewinder tac?

I've got a Hawke sidewinder Tac 3x12x50 on my S410, cracking bit of kit but in all honesty I looked through BigMac's MTC Mamba (not the lite) with SCB ret and much prefer that....

Also, I use without the sidewheel attached as i can't fit my magazine in with it on - no problem as can easily adjust without it...

Don't think I'm qualified enough to judge but I'm looking for a Mamba 4x16x50 for my R-10, I personally prefer to the Hawke sidewinder and it's about £90 cheaper complete with mounts, sunshade, flip up covers etc...