Airgun Scopes

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's an air rifle scope, how far do you need to see, and fitted on a PCP how robust does it need to be? Of course you need it to work, be reliable and be clear at the distances you shoot but.........

I've had a few Hawke scopes before, Nite Eyes, Map Pro and others and I always thought that they were pretty OK for the money until they started to develop problems and they all did. The after sales s

Here here. Get a Hawke. There fine

Posted Images

A was looking around 300 or so av got the mamba light was looking for summit better. Was reading that the Simmons white tail classics are a good scope they not very expensive but read they are very good

You should pick up a nice WTC for around £100 on evilbay. Maybe a little cheaper. Your looking for the philipenes model.

Excellent scope for the money. I had one for years. Faultless.

I do both target & hunting. For me, the Panorama 4-12x40 EV MAP6A is the best all-round scope. I like the wide view and the fine reticle, it aids very precise aiming. The current world HFT champion uses a Hawke Nite-Eye digi which is similar but has a 50mm objective; they aren't crap, just budget scopes. There is a lot of hype over the Whitetail; never understood it myself having got rid of the only one I ever had quickly. With a £300 budget you are likely to pick up some good glass but that depends on you going to a decent outlet and trying them out. Reticle for me is more important than low-light qualities. At airgun ranges I believe most scopes cope quite well.

• Like 1

Likewise. Never understood the hype over hawke. Other than being affordable. Had a few and never got on with them.

That being said. I only use them as a hunting tool. So being able to offer a nice image in poor light is a must as well as performing well with a lamp. Nice glass is always a bonus.

Horses for courses and it's a personal choice. However you choose.

I use the Hawke Night Eyes on my guns, superb in low level light, and I do a fair bit of roost shooting (got another 5 last night). The IR can be a bit garish if you turn the light right up, but the 50mm objective lens lets a lot of light in!

Some people get on better with certain scopes than others. I think it is the different glass used, some peoples eyes get on better with MTC, mine are Hawke compatible.

• Like 1