As Last One Got Deleted Best Hunting Lurcher

Right lads as my last thread got deleted let's start this again best hunting lurchers you have seen ? Mines got to be Andrew Edwards on fox havnt seen with my own eyes but watched the DVDs over and over !! Also my blue bitch is coming on hunting wise very busy bitch !! Let's keep it on subject this time !!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki x springer spaniel only seven month not the best but something different only mooches him local with rest of pack Proving to be handy so far   Bucketheid

I wondered where it had gone....   My little springer x lurcher is becoming a good little hunting dog......     About a year old here  

the best ive had are the we beddy crosses had most types over the years and they seem to be the better for the ground i work out of the three i had over the past 5 years and worked mostly daytime za

the best ive had are the we beddy crosses had most types over the years and they seem to be the better for the ground i work out of the three i had over the past 5 years and worked mostly daytime zak who was pts not long ago was a great worker never stopped did go a bit far out at times but was getting better that controlling some say head strong but to me was just pure prey drive wanting what was on the end of the scent was a great worker through cover as in brambles reed beds anywhere there was game nothing held him back

2010_04070009.jpg

• Like 5

Cheers kev he was result of an accidental mating couple of me pals took em for ratching dogs ones worked with Hawks flushing lads also lamped it lightly said it done real well marks up we too they obidient which is a bonus

Mines done bit flushing and mooching has couple of rabbits phessys n a crow lol he a smashing little character to have around can go all day long lol

• Like 1

Accident or no, some of the best hunters seem to be sight hound crossed with nose hound. Personally I've not seen anything better than my Airedale lurchers, though I don't get out much with other people :icon_redface::laugh: I'd love to see those Springer crosses hunt though. They look light enough to run too.

• Like 1

for me I want a dog to cast as far as it needs to find it quarry usually with rabbits they are not far and once under pressure they will usually pop to ground but others before the ban ie fox hare deer will run and run which I would like a dog to hold its line for a fair distance and if they catch to come back and take me to where they have killed or retrieve as one my uncles old dogs did retrieve fox to hand

Edited to add but also knows the ferreting game as stays on a occupied bury when ferreting

• Like 1