Allround Lamping Dog???

Never liked lamping big bunnies they deserve better IMO

It's what you do with it after, which determines it IMO....

Have to laugh when you hear the coursing men go on about respect, when most of the hares end up in a ditch
lol very true thou
  • Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lurcher x lurcher done everything you asked about , even caught daytime hares

Have to laugh when you hear the coursing men go on about respect, when most of the hares end up in a ditch

Can i ask why?? Hares are a natural prey animal in my book. Although i don't bother them at all on the lamp. This is purely because i don't own dogs for that job. But if i did..i'd lamp them all night

Never liked lamping big bunnies they deserve better IMO

It's what you do with it after, which determines it IMO....

lol very true thou

If this is true that is a disgrace. If hares are genuinely a pest to crops or something like that they should still be at least dog food. Nothing good will ever come from killing animals for fun and I hope all hunters learn to respect their prey and the environment which sustains it. Atb.

• Like 1

The sad thing is mate, im not defending it, but i has to be done tbh to risky otherwise...... and this may upset a few of you, but on the whole its not even hare coursing any more, its hare killing, gone are the days of points systems and the like, its all a numbers game now

Some coursing men would run hares anytime including summertime and night time I used to like to see a good course and if I lampd a place that held hares I would go back in daytime to have a go at them just what I prefared to do.All round lamp dog should take most game and have guts to mix it with teeth, but mainly fill the freezer, with eatables

i have no problem lamping hares or really even summertime hares as long as you are not wiping out the population and you are harvesting them. i don't want to sound like moral police but hares are fine sport and if you don't leave any for winter daytime i would feel i am missing out.

I think this is just it, there are very few hares in some areas, there used to be a lot over a bit of land near me, then they went.

I bumped into a bloke who bragged about lamping over 100 hares a few winters back... if you look on miles of farmland in the UK there is little space for them anymore. I think there are a LOT of people taking too much, too many stories from gamekeepers etc of hares being lamped and dumped.

I think this is just it, there are very few hares in some areas, there used to be a lot over a bit of land near me, then they went.

I bumped into a bloke who bragged about lamping over 100 hares a few winters back... if you look on miles of farmland in the UK there is little space for them anymore. I think there are a LOT of people taking too much, too many stories from gamekeepers etc of hares being lamped and dumped.

when you see the numbers them hare shoots take with lines of beaters beating to a line of trigger happy cnuts it sickens you and im sure they will kill more than lampers do

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2

I read on here, a couple of years back on (gamekeepers) that every March a French shooting party, shoot an average of 1000 hare's every year in a place in Lincoln, so it some parts, there's still plenty about.

An there's still a lot of people about that like a wonder on there own, and numbers are the last thing on there mind.

• Like 1

when you see the numbers them hare shoots take with lines of beaters beating to a line of trigger happy cnuts it sickens you and im sure they will kill more than lampers do
To be fair the small syndicates do leave them round here. These hares were there because no one had touched them.

The number that went was about the total for that small area. I've noticed them repopulating from the next valley over the last couple of years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against it. Lamed or daytime. I'd have more interest in a hare than a fox if it was still legal.

Edited by Tozer