Pro Boxer Versus Bare Knuckle Champ

Howard Davis came over here with a huge reputation then produced nothing when it mattered, when Jim Watt fought Sean o Grady he jumped about three feet forward to stick the nut on him and got away with it ?

IMO Watt could not lace Buchanans boots when Kenny was at himself, don,t forget Kenny lived hard and whilst that is,nt Watts fault nothing will change my opinion that in his heyday Kenny would have battered him upside down, no offence Gnasher as you know more about the game than me but we all have opinions.

The champion of the kelvin hall thing comes from the fact that Mctaggart, Buchanan, Walter McGowan all travelled seeking out the best fighters at their weight at that time, Jim Watt never.

Nonetheless as I,ve said he was made up into a world champion that can,t be taken away but he certainly was,nt one of britans best world champions .

Slow down mate i never said Jim Watt was a better fighter than Buchanan.....and i never said he was one of Britains best world champions either......you asked me who is the best Scottish boxer ive seen or met.....and i answered............ive never seen or met Ken Buchanan ive watched him on film a few times and totally agree he would of been too much for Jim......as for travelling he fought around the world as much possibly more than many other British fighters he fought at Wembley more than he fought at the Kelvin Hall nobody ever called him champion of Wembley.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These overweight men with shaved heads and tattoos are a dime a dozen in every town they all think they're killers with ties to the military and they all say they had bare knuckle fights until some on

Willing to bet your not the most intelligent lol. A true legend? Word is so thrown about it devalues those who are legends. Can say the blokes a hard man and what not but what makes him a legend? I'm

i'm not to sure i'd want to be buying a book and lining the pockets of a dirty c.unt convicted of raping young boys! yokel.

Sort of off subject but came across a short old documentary about a boxer. Paul Sykes came up through watching other videos and I clicked it. Bloke seems an absolute nut case lol.

Paul sykes from wakefield? was a good few naughty rumours about his antics whilst locked up, re: knocking out and raping younger prisoners!!!!

Yokel

a close friend was in and out the nick and served time along with sykes. true what he used to do. my neighbor was in and out too and he told me the same. sykes was notorious for it.

• Like 1