Bow Hunting

LOL LOL "the prick is doing it for fun"... so everyone that hunts for the sport deserves a beating! What a deluded fool you are.

Im a lot of things mate, but "deluded" and "fool" aren't any of em ;) nothing i do is legal strictly speaking, i don't own a gun, so care little about the united front these days, never did really tbh.

But you think people that hunt for sport, or fun as you put it, should be beaten? Do you not think that that's a foolish statement?

This isn't a rabbit or rat is it mate, its 5 tons of our biggest land mammal, 18 months gestation period and a lifespan equal to ours, they were roaming the plains before man, man put their crops in the elephants back yard, not the other way round. A rogue man killer is a problem admittedly, but a rifle is the right tool, shame it didn't stomp the c**t to death and save some other semi tame animals from his ego.

yeh got to agree got to be a gun , we supposed to have moved on from bows+ arrows and kill humanly as possible , its only them living out there in mud huts that carnt or know no different that kill with bow arrow . If and its a big if there were a lot's of elephants about that need culling , ok kill them but do it humane :yes:

I could say the same about lurcher and terriers ray. Why lamp rabbits with a dog that involves stress to the rabbit when you could use a rifle?

true :thumbs: a gun would be quicker+cleaner , but the stress to the rabbit from a lurcher being caught (if) a good dog would be quick , maybe 30secs , so not going to suffer or go into shock to long not like Dumbo is. But your right a gun for lamp rabbits would be less stress :thumbs:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a little bit of me that really wanted that elephant to charge and flatten that septic when he shot it with the bow.   Got to say on this occasion I disagree with born hunter, I can't sanct

Shooting the elephant with a bow is about one thing and one thing only bragging rights, like it or hate it, wether it was a cull animal or a trophy maybe even both the fact is in the eyes of this hunt

What a load of crap hunters on a hunting site saying a man needs beating for hunting in a way man has done for thousands of years there's nothing wrong with bow hunting and all these people moaning ab

What's professional about it? It looks shite ffs lol I take it these bow hunters are your heroes also lol

So why are photos & videos removed on here? Are you saying all the mods are wrong that any old shite should be shown, regardless of what ammo it gives antis.....

Like I said you are talking utter shite, you just hate being told.....lol lol

What's professional about it... errr maybe look up the definition of professional. It was a payed hunt! LOL. And it was carried out very professionally from what I saw. Waited for the correct shot on the correct animal and a clean shot made.

As for videos being removed... The one in question remains so kinda torpedoes that point eh.

Ah the usual condescending, patronising shite you resort to....lol.....that looks far from professional or clean......& you know my point about stuff being removed, you are quite clearly saying anything go's & that's bullshit.......the fact that it's an elephant doesn't bother me in the slightest........

Like I said, you obviously get off on these bow hunters & that's fine by me, but your point is garbage lol

Haha, usual condescending patronising shite, I'm sorry do I know you? Lol. Clearly I've upset you in the past. I'll leave you to blather on and dodge my points! Haha.

LOL LOL "the prick is doing it for fun"... so everyone that hunts for the sport deserves a beating! What a deluded fool you are.

Im a lot of things mate, but "deluded" and "fool" aren't any of em ;) nothing i do is legal strictly speaking, i don't own a gun, so care little about the united front these days, never did really tbh.

But you think people that hunt for sport, or fun as you put it, should be beaten? Do you not think that that's a foolish statement?

This isn't a rabbit or rat is it mate, its 5 tons of our biggest land mammal, 18 months gestation period and a lifespan equal to ours, they were roaming the plains before man, man put their crops in the elephants back yard, not the other way round. A rogue man killer is a problem admittedly, but a rifle is the right tool, shame it didn't stomp the c**t to death and save some other semi tame animals from his ego.

yeh got to agree got to be a gun , we supposed to have moved on from bows+ arrows and kill humanly as possible , its only them living out there in mud huts that carnt or know no different that kill with bow arrow . If and its a big if there were a lot's of elephants about that need culling , ok kill them but do it humane :yes:

I could say the same about lurcher and terriers ray. Why lamp rabbits with a dog that involves stress to the rabbit when you could use a rifle?

true :thumbs: a gun would be quicker+cleaner , but the stress to the rabbit from a lurcher being caught (if) a good dog would be quick , maybe 30secs , so not going to suffer or go into shock to long not like Dumbo is. But your right a gun for lamp rabbits would be less stress :thumbs:

That's my point ray mate. We can't start playing the "my way more ethical than your way" it only leads to one place and that's all of it becomes unethical.

If anybody on here who did not hunt in anyway shape or form, nor eat meat complained about that video i would respect their comments, but as somebody who hunts purely for fun, i don't think i have room to pass judgement or take any moral ground with anybody else's hunting methods, especially after what I've seen my dogs do years ago, and all in the name of fun and sport.

• Like 2

What's professional about it? It looks shite ffs lol I take it these bow hunters are your heroes also lol

So why are photos & videos removed on here? Are you saying all the mods are wrong that any old shite should be shown, regardless of what ammo it gives antis.....

Like I said you are talking utter shite, you just hate being told.....lol lol

What's professional about it... errr maybe look up the definition of professional. It was a payed hunt! LOL. And it was carried out very professionally from what I saw. Waited for the correct shot on the correct animal and a clean shot made.

As for videos being removed... The one in question remains so kinda torpedoes that point eh.

Ah the usual condescending, patronising shite you resort to....lol.....that looks far from professional or clean......& you know my point about stuff being removed, you are quite clearly saying anything go's & that's bullshit.......the fact that it's an elephant doesn't bother me in the slightest........

Like I said, you obviously get off on these bow hunters & that's fine by me, but your point is garbage lol

Haha, usual condescending patronising shite, I'm sorry do I know you? Lol. Clearly I've upset you in the past. I'll leave you to blather on and dodge my points! Haha.

I haven't dodged your points at all......you are wrong, deal with it lol......& no you haven't upset me, condescending & patronising is the way you deal with everyone who doesn't agree with you.......why, do you try to hide it? Lol

I don't agree with your opinion, simple as that....

• Like 1

The way I see it if you want to hunt then use the correct tool for the job in hand ... And using a bow and arrow to shoot an elephant is not the correct tool for the job its a slow painful land lingering death ... You wouldn't use an air gun to shoot a deer or a .177 pistol to shoot a fox ... Why ? Because it isn't an instant death ... I have nothing against any form of hunting whether its for sport .. Food or commercial gain ... But as hunters we need to be morally and ethically sound in the way we go about our business and that means ending the life of the quarry we hunt with the swiftest and most painless method we can ... Hunting a caribou elk buffalo or elephant with a bow and arrow is not the swiftest way to kill the animal ... Pick the best rifle caliber and ammunition for a quick and instant death ... As for lurchers picking up a rabbit there is no stress ... They are a prey animal ... Their whole life is about living on their nerves and surviving that's why when they get picked up by a lurcher they don't struggle for their lives ...their brain closes down and they go catatonic and accept their fate ..........

• Like 2

So a badly shot rabbit is less stressed than a chased rabbit? you dont alf talk some rubbish.

• Like 1

That wasn't what you said, you said it's wrong because it's hunting for enjoyment! But now we're getting to the crux of your problem with it, you've got a soft spot for dumbo... that's fine, I have too among many other species. But it's completely illogical to judge an animals right to not being hunted based on emotion. If we want to apply that rule you had better line up for the beating of your life off of the entire anti brigade!

Why is it the elephants back yard? Were they here before us then? Not like we evolved side by side? You really don't see the irony in your comments... same old anti arguments.

Its not just elephants mate, you obviously missed my comment about Bison, the problem i have is pricks shooting semi tame animals with bows, if you want to defend hunting you should be on their vids commenting on that. You don't seem to understand "i don't give a f**k about the law, landowners, anti's, ill keep doing what im doing, hunting is my natural right imo, i don't need "permission" or "consent" from anyone, a total ban means less competition for me, a gun ban means lots more game for me :thumbs:

Footprints of an Elephant herd have been found in the Emirates, 7,000,000 years old, already living in herds just as they do today, bulls, mothers and calves in a family unit, the scientists says "its actual behaviour frozen in time" so i reckon it is their backyard, not ours, unless you can show some evidence of homo sapiens older?

The way I see it if you want to hunt then use the correct tool for the job in hand ... And using a bow and arrow to shoot an elephant is not the correct tool for the job its a slow painful land lingering death ... You wouldn't use an air gun to shoot a deer or a .177 pistol to shoot a fox ... Why ? Because it isn't an instant death ... I have nothing against any form of hunting whether its for sport .. Food or commercial gain ... But as hunters we need to be morally and ethically sound in the way we go about our business and that means ending the life of the quarry we hunt with the swiftest and most painless method we can ... Hunting a caribou elk buffalo or elephant with a bow and arrow is not the swiftest way to kill the animal ... Pick the best rifle caliber and ammunition for a quick and instant death ... As for lurchers picking up a rabbit there is no stress ... They are a prey animal ... Their whole life is about living on their nerves and surviving that's why when they get picked up by a lurcher they don't struggle for their lives ...their brain closes down and they go catatonic and accept their fate ..........

I go back to my original comparison then Socks, running deer with lurchers. Surely by your ethical stance we cant justify using dogs to run deer that aren't capable of instantly killing it's quarry? Dogs would pull their deer out of sight all the time and unless it had the power to cause the deer huge and instant trauma to the neck the deer would be fighting and bleeting for its life for as long as it took for the human involved to find it. Surely we can't justify using terriers that will work a fox in a hard maner because the foxs death will be a drawn out affair and far from instant? We justify running deer and the suffering involved usually because we say that it's survival of the fittest whereas the generally more humane death from the rifle is considered less selective.

I'm fine with all these. I don't want to inflict excessive suffering on an animal in the hunt but equally I'll hunt by what ever methods I consider best and my judgement of best isn't exclusively based on how quick the death is.

I go back to my original comparison then Socks, running deer with lurchers. Surely by your ethical stance we cant justify using dogs to run deer that aren't capable of instantly killing it's quarry? Dogs would pull their deer out of sight all the time and unless it had the power to cause the deer huge and instant trauma to the neck the deer would be fighting and bleeting for its life for as long as it took for the human involved to find it. Surely we can't justify using terriers that will work a fox in a hard maner because the foxs death will be a drawn out affair and far from instant? We justify running deer and the suffering involved usually because we say that it's survival of the fittest whereas the generally more humane death from the rifle is considered less selective.

I'm fine with all these. I don't want to inflict excessive suffering on an animal in the hunt but equally I'll hunt by what ever methods I consider best and my judgement of best isn't exclusively based on how quick the death is.

Canned hunting isn't everybodies cup of tea but it happens, I think your getting a tad silly trying to justify killing an elephant with a bow and comparing it to running deer with lurchers and ferreting, c'mon young fella not everything can be justified to please all, sometimes its better to agree to disagree. :thumbs:

Its not just elephants mate, you obviously missed my comment about Bison, the problem i have is pricks shooting semi tame animals with bows, if you want to defend hunting you should be on their vids commenting on that. You don't seem to understand "i don't give a f**k about the law, landowners, anti's, ill keep doing what im doing, hunting is my natural right imo, i don't need "permission" or "consent" from anyone, a total ban means less competition for me, a gun ban means lots more game for me :thumbs:

Footprints of an Elephant herd have been found in the Emirates, 7,000,000 years old, already living in herds just as they do today, bulls, mothers and calves in a family unit, the scientists says "its actual behaviour frozen in time" so i reckon it is their backyard, not ours, unless you can show some evidence of homo sapiens older?

How do you know it was semi tame? All bow hunted elephants I have seen behave largely the same, they're still wild.

And you don't seem to understand I've never mentioned the law once, I'm talking about ethics. You took exception to hunting elephants with a bow for ethical reasons not legal... which I couldn't care about but you felt your ethical reasons are so strong the hunter in question deserves a beating. Now if you equally condemn any form of hunting that doesn't result in instant death then I'd say you're on solid ethical ground but like I have said, most on here wouldn't think twice about using a hard terrier or running a deer with a lurcher that they know will end in anything but instant painless death.

Completely different scenario and can't be compared ... A lurcher running a deer is exactly the same as a wolf or bear running one ... Its animal on animal that's been going on for thousands of years ........