Iphone, Eye Spy?

In my household, four out of five iPhones had U2 downloaded , the fifth had "automatic download" disabled so didn't get it. Could have caused arguments in some households as we only found out about in the newspapers, Apple did it without informing anyone !

It's only on your cloud account which means you can download it from your iCloud account. They havent downloaded it directly to your phone it's just been made available through cloud.

True, but if they can access your iCloud without your permission, what else can they access ?!

I really don't like f***ing U2 and now I have to scroll through their SHITE when browsing my songs. Trivial, yes, but it's my f***ing phone and I don't expect Apple to be permanently customising it on my behalf!

I don't think they've made a decent record since you were born!..Born...

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
I think everyone got it, go to settings/music and change the switch that says 'show all music', this will hide any sponsored links from your music player and only show the music on your actual phone. I don't think the music is actually there, its just a link to iTunes where you can buy it.

I think everyone got it, go to settings/music and change the switch that says 'show all music', this will hide any sponsored links from your music player and only show the music on your actual phone. I don't think the music is actually there, its just a link to iTunes where you can buy it.

Sweet! Cheers, that's helped my blood pressure.

You're right, the music isn't actually there. It's just available to you, like when you download an app and then delete it.

On four of our iPhones it is on our playlists, just the same as any music we bought/downloaded. The only one of our iPhones that it isnt on has had "automatic download" disabled. So YES the music IS actually there.

Go to "settings", "iTunes", scroll down to "automatic downloads", if it's switched off, you wouldnt have got U2, if its enabled, you will have got it.

Edited by Brigzy

On four of our iPhones it is on our playlists, just the same as any music we bought/downloaded. The only one of our iPhones that it isnt on has had "automatic download" disabled. So YES the music IS actually there.

I never clicked on it TBH, just changed the switch and it's gone.