Well I have now had my 1st non payer for Mole Control.

I never take any payment up front, always do the jobs first and then ask for the agreed payment. This has always worked until now.

Owed £480 have sent letters, phone calls, left answer phone messages, spoken to him on the phone, says he will be paying, I have now threatened to come round and collect the money ( I will be turning up next week, and keep going around, even though its 20 miles away) Its been over 3 months now, what else can I legally do??

I will not allow this farmer to get away with it, at least not if I can help it.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Offer to take the money over a few months

You've got more chance of getting £100 a month

Than. £400 in one hit

Farmers do pay some just take for ever

I'd give the live stock market photo trick a miss that could back fire

If he tells all the other farmers he ain't payed because you couldn't catch a mole in a bucket

That will do you more harm than good

Good look

• Like 3

People don't not pay up because they feel like it. He must have a reason. Whether that's a good reason or not you should meet face to face and find out that reason and discuss the matter.

It's only £480 quid and fences and stuff costs lots of money. It's not worth not paying it. Atb

Small claims court and be sensible, don't mention bullying tactics as other farmers get to hear about it then your finished in that area.

You will win every time whether or not you had a written agreement or not, he agreed to let you catch the moles for an agreed price. thats your agreement.

• Like 1

People don't not pay up because they feel like it. He must have a reason. Whether that's a good reason or not you should meet face to face and find out that reason and discuss the matter.

It's only £480 quid and fences and stuff costs lots of money. It's not worth not paying it. Atb

Lots of people dont pay because they feel like it.....its a way of life for some people.......when working for some races its a surprise when I'm paid no problem.

Its part of working for yourself I'm afraid and learning what to charge and how and when to charge it is one of the biggest parts of taking any job up as a full time professional. As we have said many times on here...catching a mole aint hard but catching enough and getting the regular money to keep the wolf from the door certainly is.

• Like 2

Lots of people dont pay because they feel like it.....its a way of life for some people.......when working for some races its a surprise when I'm paid no problem.

Its part of working for yourself I'm afraid and learning what to charge and how and when to charge it is one of the biggest parts of taking any job up as a full time professional. As we have said many times on here...catching a mole aint hard but catching enough and getting the regular money to keep the wolf from the door certainly is.

I'm sorry but I've never heard of people not paying just cause the don't feel like it. There's usually a reason which needs to be addressed.

I work for myself.....if I did a fence and they didn't pay cause they "never felt like it" they would be the proud owner of a pile of sticks.