And Yet Another 'person' With A Knife In London

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had people pull a knife on me 3 times in my life, twice in South London and once where I live now. Wogs the first two times and a white dude the last time...... I am no big macho bloke but all

You certainly learn who your true friends are as you get older ... As a youngster I think most blokes would get in a ruck at the drop of a hat to defend their mates and just because its a chance for a

Not being funny mate but ive lived and worked in north and east london all my life and I have never ever carried a knife or tool of any description what so ever. Sorry but in my eyes your as bad as a

I'm from North Essex which was always quieter & probably still is, but steadily getting worse for stabbings, especially clacton on sea....

Yesh its getting out of hand now where I cant even go to the local supermarket, where this feckin idiot shops also.

I would fight anyone when I was in full health.

But someone with a knife?

Get the feck outta here.

Im 46 and in bad health now, so don't need it.

I'm from North Essex which was always quieter & probably still is, but steadily getting worse for stabbings, especially clacton on sea....

Yesh its getting out of hand now where I cant even go to the local supermarket, where this feckin idiot shops also.

Get the feck outta here.

That's bad craic mate, I grew up in Harwich, typical rough port town....a lot of fighting..but stabbings were very very rare when we were out & about......20 years on, getting quite common now.....lad ended up with a kitchen knife in his head last year, round the corner from my mums.......only gonna get worse & the town hasn't even got many immigrants yet....

Get the feck outta here.

That's bad craic mate, I grew up in Harwich, typical rough port town....a lot of fighting..but stabbings were very very rare when we were out & about......20 years on, getting quite common now.....lad ended up with a kitchen knife in his head last year, round the corner from my mums.......only gonna get worse & the town hasn't even got many immigrants yet....

Yes mate its the same here also.

It ain't the immigrants thats doing it here it from 18 to 50 yesr old men doing it.

Funny but I have always thought of fighting as a deeply unpleasant experience (for me anyway) which is maybe a little strange coming from a family of men where violence was part and parcel of everyday "working" life.

It's years since I had any type of a set too and long may it stay that way.......it brings out a side of my character that it has been a life's work trying to keep in check, a side that I find frightening and unpleasant.

My old man and brothers were the same except they let theirs run away unchecked.......them c**ts were not content to have the bloke unconscious in front of them, they are then looking for a bus to throw him under!!

That is a very unpleasant trait, both in terms of what you do to others and your own liberty.

People can say what they like within reason about me, let them crack on, I would rather wake up to see my kids every morning than worry about it........that's what means the most to me.

true wilf :thumbs: I know a lot of people like that ,me included that when the temper does hit boiling point there no return . you haven't got to be big+tough to hit somebody on the back of the head with a iron bar , or pull a trigger :yes: its called holding a grudge and I do . I had real bad feeling for a bloke who lives by me, we had near set to in country lane. his mrs calmed it down just about . couldn't get the c**t out of my head for 14 months , all I wanted to kick his balls through his arse and rearrange his face .It was only my wife stopping me, because she said if you attack him the police will knows it you from his wife, when he in the AE and you will get sent down for this . She said you got to let it go, and walk away from this piece of shit , so bottom line he was very luck person not to end up in the AE ,and my was wife right . :yes: fighting not always about being big+tough , it making sure you picked on the right person ,or in some cases the wrong one :yes::yes:

Fighting means different things to different people....for some it is a last means of self preservation and not enjoyable at all......for others it is pure competition and highly enjoyable.........the problem comes when these 2 types of personality cross over....neither wants to back down but the reality is one is being bullied while the other is having fun....people are not true to themself when it comes to fighting and thats how they back themself into a corner in these situations.

When i was a younger man i was what would probably be termed a bit of a loose cannon id fight anyone for any reason and thats just stupid you cant live your life like that you,ll be burned out or dead within a few years......so you adapt and apply that competetive edge in other ways,keeping the fighting in the back pocket.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Special occasions......that tickled me ! Haha

Trouble is, some blokes used to like to treat themselves all the time !! Hahaha

You said an interesting thing "people are not true to themselves".......how do you mean mate?

Is it true to yourself to do your best to walk away because you know that if the other blokes makes you get started then there is a good chance you will kill him and end doing 25 behind the door ?

I don't suppose lads who a little more quick tempered and will go at the drop of a hat ever feel that backed into a corner but the other lad does ??

Different lads have different characters I suppose.

Edited by WILF

But what if you have no choice but to back up in the corner?

When I was younger (like gnasher said)

I would and did fight anyone, I mostly used to fight the bigger man.

If there was a few I would head for the biggest of them.

Im only middle weight but I was fast quick and accurate and then I just didn't care.

There was no tools then it was on the cobbles and I got a reputation for it in my little town.

Nobody would come near me

Now im fecked ive got degenerative bone disease and have had a stroke.

I have no option now but to back in the corner as I cant do feck all now.

And some people know it.

Like gnasher said its bullying.

And I never thought I would become what I am now.

Is it true to yourself to do your best to walk away because you know that if the other blokes makes you get started then there is a good chance you will kill him and end doing 25 behind the door ?

Stood infront of a man your confident of killing means you probably shouldnt be stood infront of him regardless......if i was that confident that i actually thought id kill him then id know i was bullying....so yes walking away would still be true to yourself i guess.

What i meant by being true to yourself is something we see all the time....people whos heart is not really in it they just dont want to back down or lose face.....they get backed into a corner they would never of found themself in had they said from the off " its not for me ".....both people lose out for different reasons but its still needless.

• Like 2

when we were growing up it was part of the culture that you didnt start a fight, but if somebody else did then you would finish it. i trained and boxed a bit because all my family had done so, my grandad was champion of the far east fleet during WW1, and we were expected to follow suit. but i was never much good just a real tryer.

now the thing is, i never much enjoyed a fight, some of the family loved a punch up and although they would never start something, they would roll up their sleeves at the drop of a hat. and if their opponent had mates with them, then you knew that you would be involved. yes i could hold my own in most company, but i just didnt like it, and there were certain people i avoided going out with because i knew what was going to happen.but family is family, and i always would and always will back them up

i never enjoyed the thought that some bloke was lying in bed the next morning with some damage inflicted by me, and i even less enjoyed lying in my own bed with broken ribs or nose or busted teeth. sometimes a fight was/is unavoidable, but as we get older it takes more and more pushing before the switch is flicked, thank god!

• Like 2

when we were growing up it was part of the culture that you didnt start a fight, but if somebody else did then you would finish it.

That Bruce Lee scenario is such a lovely romantic theory in writing :D .....unfortunately its not realistic in the real world......as a schoolkid i never started fights but being quite a big lad i would get hassle from older stronger kids.......i wouldnt back down so more often that not got the shit kicked out of me every other day :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16

when we were growing up it was part of the culture that you didnt start a fight, but if somebody else did then you would finish it.

That Bruce Lee scenario is such a lovely romantic theory in writing :D .....unfortunately its not realistic in the real world......as a schoolkid i never started fights but being quite a big lad i would get hassle from older stronger kids.......i wouldnt back down so more often that not got the shit kicked out of me every other day :laugh:

true gnash on Bruce Lee stuff lol, I done karate +weights for 3 years, and ok in the place you train doing that stuff .But out in the real world , like I said on the post I know people that would put a iron bar back of your head there+then . :yes: I heard of one bloke big fella like your self, was out with his mrs for a drink , he went to the bog for a piss. 3 blokes went in after him waited till he was having a piss , then cracked him back of the head with what ever, and they done him over . he done door work must have upset somebody ,and he done martial arts and he over 6ft good 19st didn't help him one bit . I keep saying some of these twats I know , I could go toe to toe with them and beat them even at my age, but they never would fight like that , they get you like the above and do you , and they never been in gym or boxed or any martial art and the aint big or strong , but there are the worst kind to up set in the real world :yes:

• Like 1

:D i didnt literally mean that i/we would win every fight gnash, just that it was bad form not to stand up for yourself and give your best :thumbs:

• Like 1

I was walking home from my junior school at Kidbrooke and 3 or 4 lads from the senior school started on me, now when your like 3rd year junior then a senior school lad looks f***ing massive !! Lol

By some strange chance I has a rounders bat in my bag (it was that type of area) and battered the nearest with it and got on my toes !!

When I got home and told my old man he did no more than put me in the car and take me looking for them, we came across the other 3 walking down the street and got out and my old man announces:

"Right, he will fight each of you one at a time!!"

I can remember to this day looking sideways at my old man and thinking "f***ing hell Dad, leave off !!!" Lol lol lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1