£150 Quid Dog

I seen a add on facebook a little over a week ago a lurcher being sold as a single handed dog. the dog I have at the miniute is lame and frequently injured. so I went to have a look at this dog and ended up buying it on face value alone. I was a bit held back at first selling a single handed dog this close to the start of the season but for 150 I thought I would take the chance and headed home with her. I was quite eager to get her out for a few runs on the lamp and with me being a glass half empty type person I didn't expect much. I took her out local for a few runs and in all fairness she does her job to an acceptable standard the only pisser is she whines under her breathe on a course. (not on rabbits ) not loud at all but just a dull moan really puts a damper on things a tad pissed off about but I only have myself to blame. once they start its hard to stop shame because she is a half decent dog. I might try a bark collar on her but I don't no if it would work because its not a yap or opening up its a dull cry any views?? cheers lads

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would not do the bark collar for one simple reason if the dogs running a rabbit and whimpers then gets a shock it may think it because it s running the rabbit and stop running them all together

got to love THL

Am i right in saying?, you ran a dog you didn't know for sure to be fully fit on big rabbits and now your pissed off she whines on a chase.on them Let me think ..............

bonding time is irrelivent her recall is spot on I have no issues with that. fireman it wasn't a big rabbit mate she was retrieving a fallow that had been shot and injured. the dog is fully fit or I wouldn't have run her.and no neil I didn't expect the dog to amount to much for 150 but when its a decent dog and has a whine its not the best of situations. she is not lacking in any confidence at all as I said there is no whinge on rabbits just on the bigger stuff. mik feel free to drop your comments in on dogs and fallow I am sure you have a mass of knowledge on the subject.

the dog would of been a good dog for twice the money I just don't like the odd cry. she don't do it on smaller game. maybe its just me finding a nit to pick shes game enough and puts some game away so its not all bad for 150 notes lol

bonding time is irrelivent her recall is spot on I have no issues with that. fireman it wasn't a big rabbit mate she was retrieving a fallow that had been shot and injured. the dog is fully fit or I wouldn't have run her.and no neil I didn't expect the dog to amount to much for 150 but when its a decent dog and has a whine its not the best of situations. she is not lacking in any confidence at all as I said there is no whinge on rabbits just on the bigger stuff. mik feel free to drop your comments in on dogs and fallow I am sure you have a mass of knowledge on the subject.

Try the bark collar :laugh: just figured out who you are ....im supprised thought you would know better

Edited by MIK