Skinners Field And Trial.

I use it as a spare or sometimes mix it with other feed it's ok stuff but I've allways fed it along with flesh and other dry food so haven't used it enough to say. I might stick my dogs on it for abit see how they get on. A fella around the corner uses it and rates it for his day dogs and he's out a lot. Atb

Feckin hate the stuff: mostly cereals. Tried it once, just a tiny amount mixed in with their food, and most got stinky diarrhoea. I noticed the kibble smells rancid as well: like gone off chip fat: just shows you what they must put in that food.

• Like 2

Feckin hate the stuff: mostly cereals. Tried it once, just a tiny amount mixed in with their food, and most got stinky diarrhoea. I noticed the kibble smells rancid as well: like gone off chip fat: just shows you what they must put in that food.

I totally agree. I got a voucher for a free 15kg bag of f&t and gave it away to someone on this site rather than get the stuff and feed it to the dog.

the mill is only half hour or so drive from near where I live a chap I know feeds 4 labs 2 spaniel on it out 3/5 times a week they do well on it through out the shoot season if they start to loose a little condition he tops up with chicken carcasses. As for the ruff and ready sticky goopy shte mate fed his ruselle on it for a bit dog went like a barrel.

my dogs have been fed the field and trial maintenence and working 23 over the years and seemed to do well apart from my current dog who didn't seem to be thriving on it so i'm now feeding raw alongside complete but looking to going wholly over to raw when i get my supplies sorted.

started wi it last yr & seems to be keeping weight on the spaniels ok & they've got plenty of energy dogging in. I buy from henry cole in Cirencester & he'll do 20 bags at trade price so works out £10 a bag.23% working for spaniels & 18% maintenance for terriers but I like to feed horse flesh or beef from my local knackerman wi it but the flesh is soaked in a bucket of cod liver oil for 12hrs to stop the scouring. Nice clean solid stools & easy to pick up. Lol don't have to wait for a frost anymore