There's getting to be a few too many of these threads on here. This is the Hunting Life, not God Weekly.

I think socks has hit the nail on the head. Let people believe what they want to believe and don't try to force your opinions on anyone else. It doesn't work. :thumbs:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

another quote

Generation after generation, through countless cell divisions, the genetic heritage of living things is scrupulously preserved in DNA ... All of life depends on the accurate transmission of information. As genetic messages are passed through generations of dividing cells, even small mistakes can be life-threatening ... if mistakes were as rare as one in a million, 3000 mistakes would be made during each duplication of the human genome. Since the genome replicates about a million billion times in the course of building a human being from a single fertilized egg, it is unlikely that the human organism could tolerate such a high rate of error. In fact, the actual rate of mistakes is more like one in 10 billion." (Miroslav Radman and Robert Wagner, The High Fidelity of DNA Duplication... Scientific America. Vol. 299, No 2 (August 1988, pp 40-44. Quote is from page 24))

another

Evolution lacks a scientifically acceptable explanation of the source of the precisely planned codes within cells without which there can be no specific proteins and hence, no life."(David A Kaufman, Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainsesville)

And you socks. . Have a crack at the questions I've asked. Explain your reasoning for believing what you do - perhaps you might realise that would you propose might be fiction.

I have no intention of getting into this debate ... I will believe what I want and you believe what you want ........

Well, you did. You accused someone of believing a piece of fiction.

I've got no problem with people believing what ever they want. But like is said, we know what we believe and why we believe it. Most folk I know who don't believe in God cannot say the same.

I didn't accuse anybody of anything I merely pointed out that a non believer could be condescending about people that believe ... You need to take a chill pill fella you are getting all wound up ... Now as I said you believe what you believe it don't hurt me and I will believe what I believe and it doesn't hurt you ........

Chill pill? I'm not wound up at all? Not sure how you derived that. All the best

Frazdog if people want to believe that's their choice I'm all for it people think believing is stupid as others believe so is evolution . I'm one of those people that doesn't believe can you just explain to me why dinosaurs where said to be here well before us if god created us because you can't deny they where here . I don't believe simply because there has been no proof other than a book wrote by man , it's that simple . Can you name one miracle that would change people's mind

third option tircel

fill me in then

The main problem with evolutionists is the missing link, the main problem with the bible is that it stopped after the death of Christ or there abouts. You would think that it would carry on giving an account of gods work after the time of Christ as it did before the time of Christ.

The other option is Erich von Danikens threory, as an agnostic I have to take all theories in to account, if I am ever to make my mind up.The fact that both creationists and evolutionist disregard him as a crackpot. but to be fair they say that of each other, it does not alter my thinking at all. He has a theory and not matter how far fetched it may seem to me it is worth looking at.

To be fair his theory is no more far fetched than some that have been published in this thread and it would go some way in explaining the missing link.

If you believe, then all the power to you, if you believe in evolution great, I do not knock either, but as I have an open mind I am willing to look at other options.

TC

so your discriminating it then

walshie dry your eyes mate its only a debate

its on general section of huntinglife

whats your problem mate

Dry my eyes?

Now you come to mention it, my problem is YOU trying to browbeat everyone into agreeing with you.