Cheap London Trip?

I'm taking the oldest girl to London to see a gig in December for her 16th, the gig is at the Hammersmith Apollo. What I was wondering is there a way of doing it cheap as chips :D

Any idea what would be the best way of going about it ie:- would it be cheaper to stay outside of the city and travel into the City for a bit of site seeing before the gig. The plan is to travel up on Friday and return on Monday, nothing extravagant just basic stuff. I would like her to see a bit of London and doing the whole travel up and watch the gig and then return home all the same day isn't what I wanted to do.

Thanks. :thumbs:

NO NO NO DONT DO IT .... It is the most terrible place on earth ... You will leave there half the man you were on entering ... It sucks the life out of you ..........

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure a teenage girl would appreciate Camden/Camden market..........& it needn't be expensive.......have a good trip, whatever you do.....

Didnt come across Kings Gym did you ?....100 yards from Dalston Junction along Kingsland Road ...... cost a fortune to park ?? you got your car back didnt you,thats called having a result round there

Aye and we do here........well except RAW that is,

I'm taking the oldest girl to London to see a gig in December for her 16th, the gig is at the Hammersmith Apollo. What I was wondering is there a way of doing it cheap as chips :D

Any idea what would be the best way of going about it ie:- would it be cheaper to stay outside of the city and travel into the City for a bit of site seeing before the gig. The plan is to travel up on Friday and return on Monday, nothing extravagant just basic stuff. I would like her to see a bit of London and doing the whole travel up and watch the gig and then return home all the same day isn't what I wanted to do.

Thanks. :thumbs:

NO NO NO DONT DO IT .... It is the most terrible place on earth ... You will leave there half the man you were on entering ... It sucks the life out of you ..........

I'm barely bigger than a small child anyway. :D

• Like 1

Personally Johnny, I think London is a fantastic place. History, places, people, it's got the lot. :yes:

If it were me, i'd really do my homework on what you both would like to see and visit and then make every effort to do it.

At 16 she's growing up fast so make the trip to the capital a real visit to remember for both of you. :thumbs:

Thanks for the comments.

I can't really ask her want she wants to do as its going to be a bit of a surprise trip, I know that she wants to go to the Natural History Museum and I want to have a go on the London Eye :D

Thanks marshman thats a great offer and much appreciated. :victory:

Thanks for the comments.

I can't really ask her want she wants to do as its going to be a bit of a surprise trip, I know that she wants to go to the Natural History Museum and I want to have a go on the London Eye :D

Don't forget the science museum. It's literally next door to the natural history one. :thumbs:

Thanks for the comments.

Don't forget the science museum. It's literally next door to the natural history one. :thumbs:

Thats a given mate, I like all the stuff like that and Caitlin's the same.

It'll be nice to just spend some quality time with her has she's getting older and the younger ones seem to take a lot of my time of late. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

I've got a daughter that's the same age so you'll probably want to have a look at the shops , Harrods and New Bond St you mightn't like the shops mate but I bet she's love it .
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

I've got a daughter that's the same age so you'll probably want to have a look at the shops , Harrods and New Bond St you mightn't like the shops mate but I bet she's love it .

You've got to have a look at the big stores, it would be rude not too. :D

Stay on the outskirts and travel in. We normally stay round Potters Bar/Elstree area with quick trains into Kings Cross/St Pancras. Just a thought if your coming from Wales be aware that digs in West London outskirts will probably be steep due to the close proximity of Heathrow. Whatever you do have a great weekend.

yep borehamwood cheap and 20 min over ground train.to st pancreas

Thanks for the comments.

your lad cracks me up johnny, not fancy in taking neighbours kids as well then lol

Thats a given mate, I like all the stuff like that and Caitlin's the same.

It'll be nice to just spend some quality time with her has she's getting older and the younger ones seem to take a lot of my time of late. :thumbs: