Cheap London Trip?

I'm taking the oldest girl to London to see a gig in December for her 16th, the gig is at the Hammersmith Apollo. What I was wondering is there a way of doing it cheap as chips :D

Any idea what would be the best way of going about it ie:- would it be cheaper to stay outside of the city and travel into the City for a bit of site seeing before the gig. The plan is to travel up on Friday and return on Monday, nothing extravagant just basic stuff. I would like her to see a bit of London and doing the whole travel up and watch the gig and then return home all the same day isn't what I wanted to do.

Thanks. :thumbs:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure a teenage girl would appreciate Camden/Camden market..........& it needn't be expensive.......have a good trip, whatever you do.....

Didnt come across Kings Gym did you ?....100 yards from Dalston Junction along Kingsland Road ...... cost a fortune to park ?? you got your car back didnt you,thats called having a result round there

Aye and we do here........well except RAW that is,

Hotel prices in London are a joke. If I were you, I'd stay in the suburbs and get a travel pass and commute. Tubes and trains are very good and you can get wherever you want to fairly easily. Driving isn't really an option in London itself as it'll be a bugger to find parking and if you do, it'll cost an arm and leg.

I don't know about the other side of London, but this side there's Surbiton and Wimbledon which both have fast trains (about 20 mins) into Waterloo.

mnHotel prices in London are a joke. If I were you, I'd stay in the suburbs and get a travel pass and commute. Tubes and trains are very good and you can get wherever you want to fairly easily. Driving isn't really an option in London itself as it'll be a bugger to find parking and if you do, it'll cost an arm and leg.

I don't know about the other side of London, but this side there's Surbiton and Wimbledon which both have fast trains (about 20 mins) into Waterloo.

Tell me about it, you could have a fortnight here for the same price. :D

Stay on the outskirts and travel in. We normally stay round Potters Bar/Elstree area with quick trains into Kings Cross/St Pancras. Just a thought if your coming from Wales be aware that digs in West London outskirts will probably be steep due to the close proximity of Heathrow. Whatever you do have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Not sure what part of Wales you are Johnnyboy but The Severn Bridge to Hammersmith is pretty much bang on 2 hours in a car at a sensible time of day straight along the M4/A4 so for ease and time id be tempted to drive,you wont pay bundles for digs round places like Chiswick or over by the Scrubs somewhere then you either have the choice of poncing about on buses/underground etc or alternatively what you will have saved by driving you could black cab it in to see the sights.....Hammersmith to Trafalgar Square i bet is no more than 15 quid in a cab.

Get yourself accomadation In Hammersmith itself don't mess about having to travel back and forth from the burbs , I think there's a premier inn on king st about ten minutes from the Apollo . Prices should be ok for london there's a couple of other hotels google them. Hammersmith has got a station so you can hit anywhere from it on the tube.

Visited Dalston other week, cost a fortune to park and what a **** hole. No cheap way to stay in London, even the budget hotels charge a fortune. Good luck.

:D Didnt come across Kings Gym did you ?....100 yards from Dalston Junction along Kingsland Road ...... cost a fortune to park ?? you got your car back didnt you,thats called having a result round there !............Its a pretty sore area is right :laugh:

• Like 2

Hotel prices in London are a joke. If I were you, I'd stay in the suburbs and get a travel pass and commute. Tubes and trains are very good and you can get wherever you want to fairly easily. Driving isn't really an option in London itself as it'll be a bugger to find parking and if you do, it'll cost an arm and leg.

i used to live in surbiton a few year ago your right it didn't take long at all to be in the thick of things
  • Like 1

Visited Dalston other week, cost a fortune to park and what a **** hole. No cheap way to stay in London, even the budget hotels charge a fortune. Good luck.

:D Didnt come across Kings Gym did you ?....100 yards from Dalston Junction along Kingsland Road ...... cost a fortune to park ?? you got your car back didnt you,thats called having a result round there !............Its a pretty sore area is right :laugh:

Cheers gnash telling me drive in one breath and then its grand theft auto in the next. :D

Cheers gnash telling me drive in one breath and then its grand theft auto in the next. :D

I'm taking the oldest girl to London to see a gig in December for her 16th, the gig is at the Hammersmith Apollo. What I was wondering is there a way of doing it cheap as chips :D

Any idea what would be the best way of going about it ie:- would it be cheaper to stay outside of the city and travel into the City for a bit of site seeing before the gig. The plan is to travel up on Friday and return on Monday, nothing extravagant just basic stuff. I would like her to see a bit of London and doing the whole travel up and watch the gig and then return home all the same day isn't what I wanted to do.

tight git :laugh::laugh:

Sounds like he wants your car. :laugh:

tight git :laugh::laugh:

Tight !! If I was being tight she'd be going to Cardiff. :laugh:

Anyway I want to go on that big eye thingy. :D