Ok. .so there's been plenty of criticism for the antics. .diving..play acting of the footballers in the world cup. And rightly so..It sets a bad example to kids watching that cheating is ok as long as you win ?

So does anyone on here follow super league? Or nrl? 2 of my lads play league. .and I never thought I'd say it but it blows football away in many ways ..The big hits body on the line mentality and the respect for the officials is the" stand out" for me. I love it. Go hard for 80 minutes and shake hands at the end.

• Like 6

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok. .so there's been plenty of criticism for the antics. .diving..play acting of the footballers in the world cup. And rightly so..It sets a bad example to kids watching that cheating is ok as long as

My son plays semi pro for Coventry Bears , hoping to get a pro contract as they are fully pro from next season , he has also played union up to county standard , ( also boxed , winning 4/5 till he had

Posted Images

Played it until I was forced to retire at 46. It is IMO a far better game than football simply because of the antics that footballers get up to. Diving, cheating ,abusing the ref etc. Also loved the physical side of it when I played. No matter what happened on the field you shook hands and clapped each other off the pitch at the end. Who do your lads play for.

• Like 1

Play union now but use to do abit of leauge for crusaders when I was 16 -18 but rugby players have far more respect than football player if you swore at a ref in rugby thats a few weeks ban ! And the diving and cheating ij football is getting out of hand when I use to finish a leauge game I would be black and blue ! And if hurt people say football is rougher than rugby haha

too right. Seems theres much more respect and fair play in rugby. I wonder if football's ridiculous wages are partly to blame for some footie players acting like idiods towards refs etc :hmm:pay a young lad £100,000 a week and you're bound to get that "spoilt brat" attitude off some. Thinking they can get away with murder.

League is the best spectator sport for me. I love it. I live in a country with the best league football in the world....and I support the worst team in the league.....bloody Raiders. We do seem to suffer from a few of the players being a few sandwiches short though.....too much money and too much piss.

Played it until I was forced to retire at 46. It is IMO a far better game than football simply because of the antics that footballers get up to. Diving, cheating ,abusing the ref etc. Also loved the physical side of it when I played. No matter what happened on the field you shook hands and clapped each other off the pitch at the end. Who do your lads play for.

they play for Upton. .In Yorkshire junior league. .
  • Like 1

League is the best spectator sport for me. I love it. I live in a country with the best league football in the world....and I support the worst team in the league.....bloody Raiders. We do seem to suffer from a few of the players being a few sandwiches short though.....too much money and too much piss.

stabs iv been watching the nrl on premier sports this season and I agree..its a level above our super league. .im really looking forward to wednesdays origin game. .It will be brutal. .I haven't really got a team I follow but my kids like the rabbits and warriors due to the English lads in their teams.

My son plays semi pro for Coventry Bears , hoping to get a pro contract as they are fully pro from next season , he has also played union up to county standard , ( also boxed , winning 4/5 till he had to choose a sport ) , Bird ,Tomo , Strongstuff ,off here know him ,and will vouch for him when I say , RUGBY , has moulded him in to what he is , thank God I took him to a rugby club when 5 years old , we watch the football together ,laughing as grown men roll on the floor ,like they have been shot , hes not yet 18 and has broke nearly every finger , lost several teeth and as a 16 year old , dislocated a finger during a tournament , had it put back in , went back on ,,won the game ,then 5 days later , won a boxing match with a unanimous decision , not something I could see Suarez or Robben doing ...............or me for that matter !

• Like 5

My son plays semi pro for Coventry Bears , hoping to get a pro contract as they are fully pro from next season , he has also played union up to county standard , ( also boxed , winning 4/5 till he had to choose a sport ) , Bird ,Tomo , Strongstuff ,off here know him ,and will vouch for him when I say , RUGBY , has moulded him in to what he is , thank God I took him to a rugby club when 5 years old , we watch the football together ,laughing as grown men roll on the floor ,like they have been shot , hes not yet 18 and has broke nearly every finger , lost several teeth and as a 16 year old , dislocated a finger during a tournament , had it put back in , went back on ,,won the game ,then 5 days later , won a boxing match with a unanimous decision , not something I could see Suarez or Robben doing ...............or me for that matter !

yeh he bloody strong+ tough young'un don't upset him mate lol , yeh footballers do seem like wimps compare to other sports.my lad plays football as since he was 8 years old he 27in now, he had bang+bumps over the years, most times just carries bruises here+there.But he told me ages ago that on the legs even with shin-pads its still painful from a whack, and todays boot don't give any protection what so ever, ive seen his feet when they been raked over with studs , looks painful. and amateur level they do kick the shit out of each other , Robben prob last 5 mins on sat or sunday league :laugh:

Union for me. But Rugby all the way.

We used to have aThursday night Cricket team made up of the Rugby lads, just a bit of fun in the off season. Some of the Cricket teams took it too far, what with sledging and that. Funnily enough, none of them wanted to play a return game of Rugby against us.