A shithouse in football who dives etc is just as much of a shithouse as a shithouse in rugby league who puts in some late hits,punches from behind,dangerous high tackles etc.A sportsman is a sportsman at the end of the day.

I agree that a cheap shot happens but at least the rfl do something about it even if its afterwards. The F.A do exactly that, F.A . The Suarez incident is one of many incidents that happen in football but one of the few that they have done anything about.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok. .so there's been plenty of criticism for the antics. .diving..play acting of the footballers in the world cup. And rightly so..It sets a bad example to kids watching that cheating is ok as long as

My son plays semi pro for Coventry Bears , hoping to get a pro contract as they are fully pro from next season , he has also played union up to county standard , ( also boxed , winning 4/5 till he had

Posted Images

League as its problems,theatrics and dissent creeping in,the hooligan element surfacing now and spoiling the greatest of family games.Both league and football suffer with English coaches not up to the task,Mcnamara with the worst record as a super League coach, at the Bulls,getting the English job.Still its the most honest sporting spectacle about,spoilt by Refs wanting to much limelight and linesmen who do zilch,the Amateur game is strong and at times more thrilling and intense than the professional one. A very strong regional youth policy makes the game accessible to all age groups and genders,run by well organised and supportive bodies.The biggest draw for many is League is a true family spectator sport.C,mon Cougars.

best game have played and watched for year!! been a big turn round in the team i follow this year, near top of SL and 80min from the cup final, i play touch rugby now not as tough but keeps me fit.

• Like 1

best game have played and watched for year!! been a big turn round in the team i follow this year, near top of SL and 80min from the cup final, i play touch rugby now not as tough but keeps me fit.

take it your a cas fan then jambay?.. yeah they've done well since Powell joined from fev
  • Like 1

Here we go....sat here with a bottle of ale watching the best showcase of rugby league in the world. Come on Queensland!!!!

just in from work. .great to see some of the team talk and build up. .im just hoping for a great match

come on you tigers :thumbs:

• Like 1

Never understood why people constantly compare rugby and football then come out with stupid statements like " rugby players are real men " !!.......whoever said football was about how macho you are :blink: ......to me rugby league seems just about the most boring nonsensical competition in sport.........roll the ball back,run 3 yards,have a bundle,stand up.......repeat...but hey if thats what some folk like then great crack on..........but stop comparing to football all the time its like comparing baseball to cricket just because both use a bat !

I only just got back from a little football tournament a few days ago :D otherwise id been all over it........always strikes me how you rarely hear footie fans moaning about rugby yet constantly hear rugby fans slagging footie.......ironic how the big toughies seem to suffer a touch of the " little man " syndrome :D

Gnash , don't think people are comparing the sports , more the people involved , I have witnessed both in depth , as someone who has numerous convictions from the 80s for football violence and as someone who has been involved in semi pro rugby , both league / union , through my sons involvement , SORRY , but mentality wise there is a massive difference , both with players and fans , like it or not . I wont list them all but a couple of quick ones such as no crowd segregation in rugby , the ref is called Sir , at both international level and grass roots , not the constant bullying of the ref by all of the team , football is game lacking a big ingredient , RESPECT, one thing that both rugby and your own sport of boxing , luckily still possess .

• Like 2