New Site Rules

Messed that up so I'll just say it now , my Kits was to young for last season so this winter coming will be my first and am just looking to get permission . Haven't really gone out my way to find any just yet in case they want it doing straight away and being as there's still young about spending a day digging for ferrets doesn't seem like much fun . But am going to give it another month then step it up a gear and just go knocking on doors .

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several members, regular posters ie Hot Meat, Stewie, Big G etc etc etc have been removed, all contributed to the site (IMO) but hundreds, if not thousands are still here after years of contributing f

I have been a member for a long time, infact i signed up in a pub at the Parliment Sq March in person with Ian B. I dont post much, i read A LOT, , (apart from drivel, thats makes my eyes glaze over

just a suggestion would it be an idea to remove members that are in active for a certain period ---just looking in on another thread someones been a member since 2010 and never posted always pops up o

So what's the answer?

Some people read but don't post. Fair enough.

Don't log on for a year - gone

Don't log on for 6 months - PM to check interest

Don't log on for 3 months - email from mods to check interest

Big can of worms but something needs clarifying, unless of course, member numbers = sites worth on the market?

Cheers, D.

I'm lost here.....

Why is it a problem?

I don't care how many members don't log on, or how often...

If it's antis you're worried about, this would make zero difference to them :no:

Let's not get hung up on guests or even members reading stuff. Keep it legal, keep it sensible, and nobody has anything to worry about :thumbs:

So what's the answer?

Some people read but don't post. Fair enough.

Don't log on for a year - gone

Don't log on for 6 months - PM to check interest

Don't log on for 3 months - email from mods to check interest

Big can of worms but something needs clarifying, unless of course, member numbers = sites worth on the market?

Cheers, D.

I am not quite sure but the worth of a site is by the numbers of hits it receives, I think, if your that interested type what's THL worth into google, you will surprised how little it is worth.

TC

• Like 1

I am not quite sure but the worth of a site is by the numbers of hits it receives, I think, if your that interested type what's THL worth into google, you will surprised how little it is worth.

TC

Did you look in dollars or pounds :lol:

There's nothing like THL for a good old conspiracy theory :thumbs:

Matt, people think that this site generates a fortune, they would be surprised how little it actually generates. Granted what you would get off google would only be an estimate, but if you take the highest and the lowest and get an average it is still low. I doubt if it pays the hosting fees. BTW that is not a conspiracy theory.

TC

Edited by tiercel

Matt, people think that this site generates a fortune, they would be surprised how little it actually generates. Granted what you would get off google would only be an estimate, but if you take the highest and the lowest and get an average it is still low. I doubt if it pays the hosting fees. BTW that is not a conspiracy theory.

TC

That 'conspiracy' comment wasn't aimed at you TC.... ;)

I think folks need to realise that this place needs revenue to survive :yes:

everyone should be a donater perhaps,lets be fair cheaper than tv licence and certainly more entertaining most of the time

Thats pretty much what I was getting at.

I am sure that "the majority" of members wouldn't ming paying a fiver as a one of to me part of the site,

even the tight wads amongst us.

Yes, antis would still be on here but a lot of the total messers would be gone.

Cheers, D.

you want to make ian richer than he already is :whistling::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What I mean is surely the site would be better with 2,000 commited/contributing members than 40,000 who contribute feck all? Certainly be easier to moderate :whistling:

Apart from the fact that the advertisers would have a lower audience to potentially sell to.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2