England V Honduras

Capello said it as it was,"England don,t have any world class players".The same old same old go to tournament after tournament and under achieve,again and again.We have a shite manager,we have a poor squad,ill watch every game we are in with a fervour borne from British grit and shouting for the underdog,again,ill see the same players playing shite while better youngsters are left on the bench.If Gerrard,lampard and our right back get injured,the manager goes Awol,we have an outside chance,even more so if Henderson and Sterling get mugged and broken in a Brazilian shanty,bring on Barkely and the Ox,let Baines loose,put Adam and Rooney in their proper position and play English footie,kick it to the wings and long,thump the opposition,then loose with pride,instead of loosing with abject misery,come on England.

Just out of curiosity.......what do you misery mongers expect of England at world cups these days ?......realistically ?

Keeping in mind countries like Brazil/Spain have squads worth double what ours are.

passion,that would help.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fooking hell, I ain't even English and I want em to do better than most you English folk lollol

AND LETS NOT FOR GET MY JEALOUS . FRIENDS UP NORTH AND OUT TO THE WEST OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY.   "YOU NEED TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT "        

We have nothing to loose. Roy has picked a young sqaud with a few older players know one gives us a chance Are biggest enermy is our own media , Lets enjoy it for what it is Let the roller

Posted Images

Football is a sport we are bred for in this country,we can take as much pride and enjoyment from our team win or loose,a British thing,the wins are met with euphoria bordering on sex with Racquel Welch,for the younger members do your research,the losses are met with abject despair,unless we play well,then lose,thats acceptable.Winning is not the be all and end all of the footie fan,its taking part and competing,3 or 4 passes down the right wing and a 30 yarder into the top corner,a wingman taking on a defender and getting kicked into the stands,a keeper stretching himself and pushing a screacher over the bar,the illegitimate ref giving a dodgy call.your muckers supporting the winning team and ripping your loss.Football is a sport that best explains the British phsyche.

Nope.. International football is shite compared to club level football these days IMO, I dont feel like I'm missing out at all. I get my fix 'lets cheer our country' every winter when the six nations is on. if the Wales football team ever got to a finals it would be a bonus.

..and Marky, you might actually stand a chance of winning something if you had a player like Bale in your team! :tongue2:

Bullshit !.......If your a football fan and your not bothered your club/country is not competing in the biggest tournament in the world.....then your not a football fan.

:laugh: ok, so I'm not a football fan then. I can live with that! :) Last time Wales qualified was in 1954. You dont miss what you've never known..

Last time West Ham won an Fa Cup final was 1980,does it stop me watching the Fa Cup final every year....no....does it stop me feeling gutted my club are not in the final every year.....no......

Not caring is not a cover up for not being good enough :victory:

I agree, I'm shite at football! :laugh:

Capello said it as it was,"England don,t have any world class players".The same old same old go to tournament after tournament and under achieve,again and again.We have a shite manager,we have a poor squad,ill watch every game we are in with a fervour borne from British grit and shouting for the underdog,again,ill see the same players playing shite while better youngsters are left on the bench.If Gerrard,lampard and our right back get injured,the manager goes Awol,we have an outside chance,even more so if Henderson and Sterling get mugged and broken in a Brazilian shanty,bring on Barkely and the Ox,let Baines loose,put Adam and Rooney in their proper position and play English footie,kick it to the wings and long,thump the opposition,then loose with pride,instead of loosing with abject misery,come on England.

Just out of curiosity.......what do you misery mongers expect of England at world cups these days ?......realistically ?

Keeping in mind countries like Brazil/Spain have squads worth double what ours are.

passion,that would help.

Which is what...................running round like headless chickens ?......oh wait,they get well paid so they cant possibly be passionate.

Lol come the day we all be behind them, to be fair they will try 100% too the man, best of luck too em, think the climate bevtoo much for em personaly think home nation got it in bag, strong show in semi final be good progress and good world cup, but ya just never know do ya?

passion,that would help.

Which is what...................running round like headless chickens ?......oh wait,they get well paid so they cant possibly be passionate.

do they actually get paid for playing for there country

Not as such no......but normally the first thing folk slag footballers off for regarding passion.......is money.....im always curious to know what this " passion " looks like on a football field.

Personally i think getting out the group will be a solid achievement.

Edited by gnasher16

Not as such no......but normally the first thing folk slag footballers off for regarding passion.......is money.....im always curious to know what this " passion " looks like on a football field.

:thumbs:

Can't read anything into last night, it was f****d after the storm.

I like this squad though, good mix, I thin old woy's done alright, some decent young lads will get a feel for the big occasion... No pressure really, if they get out if the group I think they''ve got a good chance of reaching the quarters, depending if they finish 1st or 2nd they play the winner or 2nd place from group c, not a strong group.... Then it looks like Spain or Brazil ( I think) in the quarters....

• Like 1

Can't stand it when they don't sing their national anthem before kickoff. Playing / representing your country should be the proudest moment of your life.

Some lads are just not of an outgoing nature......its not difficult to see that someone like Rooney is actually quite a shy lad its probably embarrassing to him whereas an outgoing guy like Tony Adams used to roar it..........cant see the big deal myself.

I'd agree and if Woy uses those all to prove, go-getting kids. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this cup may surprise a few...

Can't read anything into last night, it was f****d after the storm.

I like this squad though, good mix, I thin old woy's done alright, some decent young lads will get a feel for the big occasion... No pressure really, if they get out if the group I think they''ve got a good chance of reaching the quarters, depending if they finish 1st or 2nd they play the winner or 2nd place from group c, not a strong group.... Then it looks like Spain or Brazil ( I think) in the quarters....

nobody was going to risk much a week away from a world cup----chance or no chance I`ll still support my country with pride ...

• Like 1

Does anybody else remember Greece winning the euros was it. 04 it don't matter what year they won they done it if they can do it so can our country we all [BANNED TEXT] them off myself included sometimes but if they won it how many would turn up for the open top bus how many would be screaming out for knighthoods come on own up

Just let those young lads get out there and play, what'll be will be, Gerard will be nice and steady, then let the likes of Sturbridge, sterling, ox ( hopefully fit), lallana, Barkley get into them, real pace in this side... Which no teams like to play against... No big predictions, but I'm looking forward to it..

The Italy game is on my cousins wedding day, I'm up in surrey for the day... I've been told the party stops at 11 and the games on... Could be a top day lol