Harris Hawk Catching And Killing Foxes??????

I know this is a bit falconry related but i am a lurcherman and struggle to believe this!!!

A lad on another forum posted pics of a dead dog fox with his female harris hawk next to it,he said it caught and killed it in woodland??? Not being a falconer i struggle to believe that a 2lb 8 oz bird can do this, interested to hear anyone else's opinions

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you wont say it Bird I will theres no way a bird that size could kill a fox

prob the gwp hit 1st then the harris hawk , not saying the bird couldn't kill it, but some foxes are tough animals, even for a dog to kill

Look at this I hope this turns out ok I know s**t all about about this subject but here's a photo I came accross

It only takes a couple of sq ft lbs of pressure to crack a skull and less too traumatise a brain and shut down or confuse central nervous system rendering quarrying unable to defend itself in normal manner, the power in the feet ofbthe harris is unreal pal, if itblocks on right it might get nasty but ifvthe harris hangs in nowt lives for long if grips right