What Bird Is This?

Kids arrived home with a chick they found today,looks like its just out of the nest,its fledged but cant yet fly,they found it clambering through the hedge its a finch of some sort,however its completely white with red eyes'albino'any bird lads on here know what it might be?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres only one way to know , get the little bird on the JK show for a DNA test

Looks like a very young zebra finch

Used to have half a dozen of those wee birds.   I'm sure it is Aswell mate   Noisy wee buggers when they get started lol

Posted Images

Certainly looks the size for a sparrow, doesn't it? As ye say; Finches would be the other contenders. Chaff? Maybe the aviculture lads, accustomed to seeing their ABCR stuff grow up, could shed some light?

Just so happens, this is about the Least likely stage that I'd ever handle a bird at. Too old, by far, to dare approach in a nest. But, too young to effectively hit a mist net.

What to feed it would be my own main concern.

I hope ye manage to get it through. Thing is though, being a full on albino? How will ye ever know, for sure, what the f**k it is?! Unless it's a cock and eventually sings! :D

• Like 1

ive got some formula for hand feeding chicks from a friend who breeds native mules,i was wondering could it possibly be an albino green finch chick,

Edited by smasher
  • Like 1

I've got some formula for hand feeding chicks from a friend who breeds native mules

:clapper: Made my f**king day, that has! :boogy:

I swear to god; Only this afters, I was drawing up my plans for a quite major assault on a cage bird suppliers ~ getting all the bits together for my envisaged canaries. And I could barely bring myself Not to add some Hand Rearing gear to the wish list. 'Just In Case'!

Maybe this is The Gypsys Warning? Perhaps I should just happen to have some of that stuff around the place? :hmm:

Greenie? As I say; The lads who breed natives would know best. They'll have watched every f**king day, from hatching to adulthood. They know their shit!

But, yeah; Beak doesn't look that greenie, to me. But, now ye mention it? That f**king Eye just looks big, for any sparrow I've ever seen. And I see a Lot of sparrows! Could it be an optical illusion though, because of the red on white?

What a cracking bit of entertainment! :D I So hope this little bird can make it. Not to be Too forward, but; It'd have to be adopted as the Mascot of some f**king thing around here! :D

Jesus,sh*t the bed,it looks very like a white bullfinch chick to me, :hmm:

doesn't it just :laugh: heres one for Pete, spotted it the other day on a site, i bet he would like to have been the one to stick a ring on this :angel:

post-896-0-75867600-1401783437_thumb.jpg