What The F##k To Do!

alright lads got dilema mrs thought be a good idea to let ma terrier have full run of garden went out everywhere locked .got back hes dug out of garden dog wardens picked him up all well and good.! except the micro chip he had in his neck was of a previous owner talkin 4-5 years ago from ashbourne never knew he had a chip anyway hes bin contacted and fetched dog now I have police askin why im claiming its mine and wont give me his telephone number to contact him he lives good 20miles away my sons gutted an there treating it like ive stolen it. but why would a old owner collect it if he got rid in first place.??

I bought it from a bloke who got it off pets for homes bin round his house today he showed me on his history tried calling her but numbers no longer in use only pay if it gets put in kennels warden round here has scanner rings up with id and they give him details. all seems legit got emails from previous owner before bloke I got him off etc but like u say why would someone collect a dog they got rid of? was3 an half when I had him so hes gettin on goin grey on muzzle but there treatin me like the vilain a jus want ma dog bk rang literally every number possible

If you've had the dog a while, when you go to the vets for jabs/boosters they should check if it's got a chip as matter of course, just to make sure it hasn't moved/failed etc. Mine do anyway.

From there the vet could trace the original owner and the relevant paperwork.

Good luck.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

ive always told them he werent chipped so they have never bothered to check I got paper work but ashbournes a big place where to start the dog wardens about much help as a chocolate fireguard keeps fobbing me off cheers lads

So... Is there anyone on here from Ashbourn, or knows anyone that keeps terriers in that town, that may know of a lad that's recently got his old dog back out of kennels....??

If I was you Digdeeper, i'd start a thred entitled ' Anyone From Ashbourn?' and ask the question above. I'd also go back to the wardens with your any email evidence/proof you can get and see if they are more forthcoming with where the dog went.

got dog warden on side now I sent him evidence plus photos and gave him the exact description hes gone to the police himself now hes realised just hope its not to late want his address but he wont give it me unfortunately else id sort it myself cheers lads keep your eyes out for me dd

• Like 1

Has nobody thought maybe he accepted the dog because he was told it was running loose .The fault lies with the lad that let it run free for whatever reason .Who wouldnt take back a dog that they thought wasnt cared for .I hope you get it back and alls well but to blame another aint right .